Usa UPS residential check box

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Usa UPS residential check box

"I would like addresses to default to residential. I'm referring to the check box at checkout for check if the ship-to address is residential. How can I do this? (99% of my shipments are to residential addresses, so I'd rather err on the side of residential rather than non-residential)."

This is the same question as posted here:
    http://community.actinic.com/showthr...ht=residential

But that is for version 6 and it seems to work until I do an update for the site.

I would either like to "hide" the "click here for residential" and make EVERY
    order residential, or have the check box automatically have a check in the box.

Does anyone have any info about this?

Thanks,
    -A

Hi there

Chris Suggestion should work with version 7.
    But that is for version 6 and it seems to work until I do an update for the site.
    What happens when you update the site?, because if you made the changes to 'Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html', then it should not revert back.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

When I change the Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html in my site1 directory and do an update everything works fine, but the next time i do an update it reverts back.

Is there another Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html that i should be changing?

I will play around with it again tonight to make sure. But i cant seem to get it to stick.

-A

Comment

I change the code to:

NETQUOTEDEL:RESIDENTIAL
        <TD>NETQUOTEVAR:RESIDENTIALPROMPT<INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:REQLOCATIONRESIDENTIAL"><!-- NETQUOTEVAR:NETQUOTEVAR:REQLOCATIONRESIDENTIAL --></TD>

and nothing happens

and if I use:

<TD><!-- NETQUOTEVAR:RESIDENTIALPROMPT--><INPUT TYPE="HIDDEN" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:REQLOCATIONRESIDENTIAL" VALUE="NETQUOTEVAR:NETQUOTEVAR:REQLOCATIONRESIDENTIAL"></TD>

It hides the residential click box, but all the orders come across as commercial

Comment

Originally posted by snowcrash
          When I change the Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html in my site1 directory and do an update everything works fine, but the next time i do an update it reverts back.

Is there another Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html that i should be changing?
          Hi there

The Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html you should be changing is the one located in your site1 folder, if that is the one you are changing then it shouldnt get overwritten on upload.

Maybe be worth while keeping a backup of the editing template to paste back in if it gets overwritten again.

Is it alsways on the second update it reverts back to the original one?
          ________

Comment

Yes i edit it then open Actinic, upload the site and all is fine.
            The next time i upload any change it reverts back.
            -A

Comment

Hi there

Would you mind sending in a snapshot (File | Snapshot | Export Site) for me to have a look at then?

You can email it to the contact us link at the bottom of this page, and put it to my attention (James).
              ________

Comment

Hello

Thanks for sending in you're snapshot, ive imported this into Actinic, and I cant seem to recreate the problem, after updating the website for a second or third time, the residential check box still seems to be there.

For further support, I would recommend registering a support query on our U.S. website here!

Comment

UPS Tools tested

Try this instead, Aaron, and see if it doesn't fix the problem.

On Site1/Act_LocationSelectTemplate.html replace the whole residential segment with the below, then save. This should rid you of the checkbox and make all order residential.

Note, you won't get a message that the orders are residential but it will change the shipping charge. To confirm this, before making any changes to the template, place a test order with and without checking the residential box. This will give you some reference values. Then do the template update and place another test order (Using the same test product to the same address for each order, of course). Your final order after doing the template update should show the same shipping charge as the order for which you checked the Residential box.

The best
                  yvonne

<INPUT TYPE="hidden" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:REQLOCATIONRESIDENTIAL" value="Residential">
                  <!-- <TD><FONT FACE="ARIAL" SIZE="2">NETQUOTEVAR:RESIDENTIALPROMPT<INPUT TYPE="CHECKBOX" NAME="NETQUOTEVAR:REQLOCATIONRESIDENTIAL" NETQUOTEVAR:NETQUOTEVAR:REQLOCATIONRESIDENTIAL></FONT></TD> -->

Comment

Working...
                  X