Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency Displaying Wrong

Hi All
    Currently having a problem with currency. I using Sterling (pound) which as you know has the symbol £. But when viewed in either IE6 or Firefox is showing up as a ?
    Have tried it on two different machines

Any ideas what may be causing this.

Many thanks in advance

Michael

Nearly evey site successfully uses "£" so it must be specific to you. Could you post an URL so we can see.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman,
      thanks for the reply.
      The url is
      https://www.gregsons.info

If you click on any of the flooring sections you will see the price given. This is the main problem area. I can fix it by putting £ in the HTML but this is just a quick fix. Any suggestions to fix it for good would be greatly appreciated .

Michael

Comment

I'm seeing the ? in the drop down boxes. This usually works just fine. I thought it might be the charset but it's OK. However your pages start

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

And I don't think that's usually generated by Actinic. Perhaps removing that (from Act_Primary.html) will help.

Comment

Hi Norman,
          unfortunately that didn't cure the problem. I think I'm just going to have to replace the £ with & # 163; (without the spacing).

Many thanks for trying

Michael

Comment

It's really weird. I've used £ signs in options lots of times.

Comment

Yea I had used it successfully up until recently. Then I had a problem with my web server and had to upload the whole site again and then this problem occurred - which begs the question - "is the web server to blame?"

Michael

Comment

I've fixed the problem by replacing the £ with & # 163; (without the spacing) which is great
                But I've also noticed that it's wrong on one of the checkout pages. It's the page that shows the check box for accepting the terms & conditions and then just below that is the 'Shipping & Handling'. It shows up wrong in the 'Class of Service'.
                Any idea how I can fix this?

Many Thanks in advance

Michael

Comment

Nope.

If I save a page from your site locally, it then works fine (once I replace the ?'s with £'s). However eitherIE translates these £'s to ?'s when I do a <ave as> or your server is sending them out changed.

It's pretty likely this is a server problem.

Comment

If the webserver is running Apache 2 it may be using the default setting in httpd.conf,
                    look for the line:

AddDefaultCharset UTF-8

this character encoding may conflict with local browser settings and probably should be replaced with:

#AddDefaultCharset UTF-8
                    AddDefaultCharset ISO-8859-1

Regards,
                    Paul

Comment

I experienced the same problem as everyone else regarding £ becoming ?. I asked our hosting company to re-boot our Apache server and everything worked after that.

Hope this helps

Comment

Working...
                      X