Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Adding a VOUCHER scheme

Hi folks.

I am currently setting up a voucher scheme for my shop.

Its rough and ready but this is how it works (or not... we shall see!):

notes:
    1) We manually process orders, we don't use live cc payment gateway
    2) We expect to print vouchers individually - we don't expect to be selling shed loads a day!!!!!

Voucher:
    The voucher is a postcard, addressed to us and already with a first class stamp on it.
    It shows the value on the front.
    There is a code number (random made up, no pattern etc) on the front of the card, hidden by a sticky lable.
    The card is then printed, with the print going over the lable so any tampering can be INSTANTLY noticed by the recipient.

The code is entered into a simple database, with value, purchasing order etc, so we can keep a check on things.

The voucher is mailed in an envelope to the recipent.

To redeem, the holder buys whatever they want, then 'buys' the redemption from the voucher page. they are prompted for the hidden code, plus instructed to write their order number on the actual voucher when they check out, which they will then mail to us (pre paid as I said). On receipt, we send the goods ordered.

At checkout they still have to pay for goods ordered. If the voucher covers everything, then we tell them to use the 'pay by cheque' option, and post the voucher in. If they need to suplement the voucher, then they pay as normal with the payment mehod of choice. Of course, the value of the voucher cannot be subtracted from the order total as you cant have a negative price in actinic V6 (any chance of changing that????) so we tell them that the voucher value will be subtracted from the total payment when the order is processed (thats the bit I don't like)

We update the database to ensure the same code can't be used twice, and thats pretty much it!!!

Any comments / ideas / guffaws of laughter??
    Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
    www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Upgrading to V7 with its inbuilt coupon/voucher scheme sounds a whole lot easier.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
    X