Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Developer 7.0.1 running slow

Hi all,

Has anyone else had problems with Developer 7.0.1 running very very slow?
    I didn't have any problems with 4, 5 or 6 but version 7 is a nightmare to do any large amendments to the product catalog.

Every time I go from choosing the product to selecting a product tab I get the egg timer for a few seconds. This is becoming a real pain when doing the yearly price changes (over 2500 in all).

My system is a P4 2.4Ghz with 512MB of RAM, I de-frag frequently and keep my hard drives clean and checked. I am only running 25 processes and have one other application open at the same time.

Your minimum spec is -
    Pentium PC running Windows 98, 2000, ME, XP or NT4; minimum 64MB memory, 128MB preferred
    100MB free disk space
    recommend 65536 colour display
    Internet access
    Internet Explorer v5 (and higher)

All I can say is that I would dread to have to use it on a system like that if this is what it is like for me now.

Kind regards

Granthams

Where you can choose REFRESH change this to Manual
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Thanks Gary.

Where can I find this setting?

Regards

Granthams

Comment

I've found where to change it. Have set it to manual. Doesn't seem to be any better. Think I will restart and have a closer look at my machine.

Kind regards

Granthams

Comment

I think that this is a known bug, you can fix it temporarily by compacting your databases and it is fixed in 7.0.2.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Thanks Jan,

I will try that.

Regarding 7.0.2, I have heard there are a few bugs of its own in there. I want to upgrade to the latest version but we've already had too much downtime recently due to hackers, corrupt orders etc.

In your opion, is it worth upgrading yet?

Regards

Granthams

Comment

I remember Actiic running slowly if some settings in ODBC got corrupted.

I tend to only use refresh of preview when I am trying something out or it just slows me down. Looks like thats not what happening to you
              Owner of a broken heart

Comment

In your opion, is it worth upgrading yet?
                I haven't upgraded - I am just too unlucky, if there is something bad there that can go wrong it will happen to me, no doubt about it. :-(

Regards,
                Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                Multichannel order processing
                Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Actinic has been very kind to us over the years apart from the few problems which have been fixed by forum members and Actinic support.

The biggest tasks have always come from upgrades and after having a few headaches over our upgrade from 6 to 7 a couple of months ago, I (and the site) am not quite ready to do it all again just yet. 'If it aint broke....'

Regards

Granthams

Comment

Working...
                  X