Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Variants - maximum and saving/retrieving

Example - Desktop computer with a lot of variants

1. Is it possible to change the maximum variants to more than 20?

2. Many people choose a particluar configuration of variant|choices and would like to save and retrieve them, BEFORE catalog goes to the Cart stage - is there some code that'll do it? (I know you can save and retrieve the cart info, but once you retrieve it, there's no way of going back to the original page and change the configuration)

3. On a similar note, it would be nice, on the same configuration page to be able to inform the user what the current cost is and to update it whenever user changes a variant|choice - maybe some javascript/event handler?

Wish 3 can be done now but requires some patching.

You also have to show the option price in the HTML for Name field and remember to keep that info in sync with your price permutations.

I did a patch that implements this (it's used by a few computer configurators). Contact me by e-mail if interested.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi there

1. Is it possible to change the maximum variants to more than 20?
      As far as I’m concern there is no limitation on choices, so i am wondering where did you get 20? Please could you elaborate on this?

2. Many people choose a particluar configuration of variant|choices and would like to save and retrieve them, BEFORE catalog goes to the Cart stage - is there some code that'll do it?
      I'm afraid this is not possible.

On a similar note, it would be nice, on the same configuration page to be able to inform the user what the current cost is and to update it
      Currently Actinic does not support dynamic price change, but as you know Norman has got a patch for this.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Is it possible to change the maximum variants to more than 20?
        Arie may be confusing the NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABELn way of setting out variants with a custom layout (per Advanced Guide - which only supports 20 such NETQUOTEVAR's) with a limit on the number of Attributes you can define (which there isn't - I had 630 once!!).

So the answer is - You can have any number of variants, but can only lay 20 of them out in a custom layout. Need more than 20 and you'll have to accept the standard Actinic layout.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorry folks, you're both right - I misread the finer details

thanks

arie

Comment

Working...
          X