Displaying a "single" seperator line in cart

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Displaying a "single" seperator line in cart

I am using a single "Add to Cart" button. Each section contains several configurable products. The user starts at the top and works there way down the page to the "Add to Cart" button.

The user can repeat this process, sometimes up to 30 or 40 times. As you can imagine the cart can be quite long. In order to help differentiate between one order and the next I would like to have a single black line (horizontal rule). Can a line be appended to the previous order in the cart?

I have attached a screen capture of how I would like this to end up.

Is there a way to do this?
    Attached Files
    http://www.TheLondonPoject.ca
    Located at Vancouver, Canada

Template Act_ShoppingCartXML.html lays out a single item in the cart. Put your <HR> or whatever near the top or bottom. Look for <!-- Order line begin --> and try
    Code:
    			<!-- Order line begin -->
    			<tr><td colspan=4><hr></td></tr>
    You may need to change the colspan=4 to suit the layout you use.

However if you're saying you only want this separator between different SETS of products, ordered at different times, then that will be way too difficult. It's just like items in your supermarket trolley. There's no way the trolley knows the order you dropped them in.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

However if you're saying you only want this separator between different SETS of products, ordered at different times, then that will be way too difficult. It's just like items in your supermarket trolley. There's no way the trolley knows the order you dropped them in.
      Yes this is what I am looking for. I think that there might be a couple of ways that I might be able to do this and I'm looking into it.

1) Somehow use the "Add to Cart" button to insert the <hr> into the end of the order

or

2) Because you were able to help me with the cart sort order, I'm thinking that I could create a product at the bottom of the page (last item) that contains a description like "-------end of order------" (or something like) and has a default qty of 1.

I thought that the horizontal rule would be the easiest way to do this but after looking into the Act_ShoppingCartXML.html I can see why this would be difficult to acheive.

Like I said in my earlier post, this is not the end of the world. Our dealers can simply use the "Other Info" field to indicate the seperation of each order.

Thanks,
      Lonnie
      http://www.TheLondonPoject.ca
      Located at Vancouver, Canada

Comment

Get back to me if stuck and you really need this. I can think of one way that would pass the page name (or some other bit of page dependent info) along with every product. Then the cart display scripts could bung in an <HR> whenever that info changed.

A bit easier would be to use your Product References (assuming that some digits stayed the same on each page. E.g. ppp-nnn where ppp stays the same for every product on that page.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X