Product Info Compact Rows

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Info Compact Rows

I am following the instructions in the Advanced Users Guide and in Getting Started with Design p 23 to lay out products in very compact rows. I have typed in Notepad the html exactly as supplied, saved it, have selected the resultant file Act_ProductLineCompact.html, using Browse, in the Layout tab of the product section, Overall Layout item. However, just a list of NETQUOTEVARS comes up in the preview window. What am I doing wrong?

Sarah

Best post your template so we can see.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Compact Rows

The template is exactly as in the manual:

NETQUOTEVAR:ENDSEPARATOR
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMBEGIN
      <tr>
      <td colspan="3">
      <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0">
      <tr>
      <td width="250"><a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</a></td>
      <td align="right" width="100">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</td>
      <td align="right">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTQUANTITY</td>
      <td align="right">NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON</td>
      </tr>
      </table>
      </td>
      </tr>
      NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTFORMEND
      NETQUOTEVAR:NEXT

Comment

Works just fine for me.

I copied that lot into a new file Act_ProductLineCompact.html and then selected that for a product using Product Details / Layout / Select.

Just a thought. Did you use a text editor or a word processor? Best use Notepad to do this and not Word.

Comment

Thank you

Thanks Norman. I've sorted the problem. I was putting the template in the Section rather than the Product. I had hoped that I would not have to select the template individually for all 450 products plus their duplicates. I will have to weigh up whether the result will be worth the time.

Sarah

Comment

Don't start all that clicking yet.

You can choose that Template at the Section Level via Section Details / Product / Default layout.

And you can set it for the entire catalog at Design / Options / Layouts / Product Templates / Default Product Layout.

Comment

Working...
            X