Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Inconsistent Flash

Hi Alll

Im currently redesigning my site and its coming on quite well. However Ive installed flash in the header on the front page ie BrochurePrimary and Primary. But the flash banner doesnt load on the frontpage (BrochurePrimary) yet does on the product pages (Primary) yet the html etc is exactly the same.

Any ideas?

The site is www.loverabbits.co.uk and its an adult toy site selling well rabbits. You will notice the missing banner but if u click starter its loads fine. Confused!

Al

Hi Al

I had that mine was that i had specified Flash.swf on one and flash.swf. You've probably checked this already but its worth a shot.
    Remember; The Arc was built by amateurs but the Titanic was built by professionals.
    When did I realise I was god? I was praying and realised I was talking to myself.

Comment

Are you using a preloader. If so copy this into your website root directory.
      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

If only it was that easy, nope there are both exactly the same in every detail ive even tried starter again and still the same result....very frustrating!

Comment

Not sure exactly what u mean by preloader, if its adding the flash into actinic additional files tab ive just tried that and its still the same

Comment

If its help attached is the html for the brochurePrimary upto to the flash which is called frontflash.swf
            Attached Files

Comment

the one on tha catalog pages is loading 'frontflash.swf' i.e. from the acatalog directory, whereas the one on the front page is trying to do the same but looking in the home directory.

Add acatalog/ to the source path on the front page or copy the flash file into the home directory. Either will fix it.

Mike
              -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi Mike

Ive added acatalog/ before my source file and its working fine however when i upload its comes up with the error 'Warning' The html templates specify source file (with SRC=command) that resides in directories other than the actinic directory on the website............

Its probably something simple ive done wrong but in my limit html knowledge i dont know what. Wheres my home directory? If its site1 its where the swf is

Comment

To avoid this error you may need to use the full path for the flash file:

http://www.loverabbits.co.uk/acatalog/frontflash.swf

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Mike

It works perfectly now, many thanks.

Al

Comment

Working...
                    X