Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

top section listing - removal of words

http://www.edinburghcameras.co.uk/acatalog

hi, i need help on how to still have the headings for each of my top sections on my top section page, yet i don't want them to appear on the page...itself.
    i'd just like them to still appear in the explorer top bar.

if you look at the page you'll see i've had to replace the page names with a dot beside each section image.

i've tried changing it all but i think it needs the advanced features to be played with.

Can anyone help please? Been stuck for a wee bit and i fear duffing up everything if i try myself.

cheers, david.

I think you're saying you want to get rid of those dots, but still show the top-level section names on the breadcrumb trail.

Give your sections their names back. Then click each top-level section and under Layout (click Advanced if you don't see a Layout tab) / Section Link layout click Select and choose Image only - no text shown.

PS A very Edinburgh day on the Forums today. Earlier, someone from Haddington had a problem, and I'm in Lasswade.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

hi.

hello again, thanks for your reply.

I've tried that, but i only want the images - no text, on that page. Not on the pages below them as well.

I'm maybe asking something that the program just doesn't accept.

any ideas of how to combat this >

p.s. interesting - e-commerce central then..

Comment

on that page. Not on the pages below them as well
        I not clear what you really want. Can you give a more detailed description with references to actual pages and what you currently see, what you want, and what you don't want to see.

Comment

on www.edinburghcameras.co.uk/acatalog i'd like to see the pictures only but still have the sections names active when you drag the mouse over the image.

on

http://www.edinburghcameras.co.uk/ac...Cameras_1.html and the other pages below the section images on www.edinburghcameras.co.uk/acatalog/ i just want it as it is now. No different. So i only want to solve the www.edinbrughcameras.co.uk/acatalog page. In solving this, i don't want to change the pages appearances below www.edinburghcameras.co.uk/acatalog

Sorry i'm speaking in riddles.

Comment

That's exactly what my 03:43 post will do. You set the Top Level to one style (no text), and the Default Level to another (images to right of title).

Comment

ok doke

Ok, i'll try that in the morning. I think it changed the sections below that page as well when i tried it but i'll try it again. Thanks for you help.

Comment

Re Edinburgh. Even weirder - there at least 3 Actinic shops in Bruntsfield Place. Yourselves, Freeze and Snowlines.

Comment

still didn't work.

off on holiday in an hour so must stop for now. i'll try again when i get back.

thanks for the help anyway. must just be me.

Comment

ok

its done. thanks for the help. I think the problem was something to do with a parent setting...

noticed the number of snow sport shops you've helped. Any reason for that?

Comment

Working...
                    X