Please review my site

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please review my site

I hope this is acceptable for me to ask this in the forum, could I kindly ask you to rate my site, constructive criticism is welcome, are there any areas which put you off, any areas to build on.

Thanks in advance

MJ

www.OneStopSafetyShop.co.uk

Your site

MJ

Nice looking site easy on the eye and looks professional.

I only have a few comments. In my opinion your site gives the look of an established fair size business and then at the bottom of the page you put telephone/fax 12345 which tells me you only have one line which is fine but it’s about perception when selling online and again in my opinion you compound it by giving a mobile number.

Secondly there appears to be no contact address which I’m not sure if that is allowed but others should be able to tell you that. We have just changed our site address from a PO Box because I had read that it put customers off and just before xmas a lady telephoned and said “I just want to check you existed because you know what’s its like with companies with PO Boxes” people need to know that you have a business address.

Also I assume you take credit cards but you don’t let the visitor know, if you do put their logo on your site.

Lastly you need to work on your site for search engines in particular the titles of your pages.

Good luck

www.orangefish-directory.co.uk
    I have no signature

Comment

Thomas thanks you for the review, we did wonder about the points you raised and I guess we just needed somone to confirm this.

Many thanks

MJ
      www.OneStopsafetyShop.co.uk

Comment

First glance I'd reduce the size of the `Welcome to our site` and the email link on the homepage. We, as you know, also use this theme, one of the first things I did was to reduce the gap between the boxes at the side. There's a thread somewhere that explains how to do this.

Quite like the `centered` link bar, and the one along the bottom, must investigate how to do that sometime...
        Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

George,
          To center the link bar
          <td align="CENTER">NETQUOTEVAR:HEADERGUIDE NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBSITEMAP NETQUOTEVAR:NAVBMAIL&nbsp;</td>

To do this on the brochure page I used Left as the search box pushes it over to the right
          <td align="left"> NETQUOTEVAR:BROCHURELOGO</td>

To do it on the bottom of the page add the same code just above the final</Body> tag

Comment

Cheers for that, its now on my list of things to do...
            Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Comment

Please bear in mind that my comments are coming from a site (www.surf-wax.co.uk) that doesn't have a phone number on the website....

I would use your contact page as your main method of correspondance along with your 9-5 telephone number. I don't think one phone number is a problem as many numbers are then 100 lines.

I'm not sure that giving a mobile number as 24/7 looks very professional. Your business seems quite B2B thus out of hours telephone contact may not be necessary, email could be considered sufficient.

Its a good idea to think about how you want your business to be perceived. If you want people to think you are a "normal" business with an additional service ie website then restrict most contact to business hours.

If you want people to think you are a 24/7 operation, always open then advertise this fact.

Website owners often become paranoid if they think their customers can't get hold of you 24/7 but in reality this is not always the case. People may try to contact you at 10pm or even 2am but do you want to be replying at those times. A good website business will always be sucessful regardless of 24/7 contact if it adheres to good customer service, prompt delivery etc. how many websites do you contact and then wait until the following morning or until after the weekend for a reply

Comment

Nice site and all seems to work OK.

If I am going to be really picky the links bar is not quite centralised on the product pages (due to the search function) - I would be inclined to move the search function to the top right corner above the links bar - this is also the favoured position from a usibility point of view - this does mean altering the templates so be careful.

I would also take a look at the store section sequence and make it alphabetical - easier to scan - may be worth shortening the "Interactive Training CD ROMS" section name so all sections fit on the same line.

I like the use of green and orange colour scheme - it works very well

Bikster
                SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
                X