Minimum Order Value for Goods only

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Minimum Order Value for Goods only

Is it possible to have the minimum order value for goods only?
    At the moment it is also taking shipping into account which is variable depending on the destination.
    <a href="http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk">RF Solutions Ltd - Remote Control, Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, GSM and GPS Products</a>

Hi,

Shipping is not taken into account when setting a minimum order value. I have set one for £5.00 and created two products (one for £3 and one for £2). If I add one of these products to the basket then I can't checkout. However, if I then add the other product (to make exactly £5), I can then proceed to checkout, which is where it then asks me for my shipping country to determine what the postage costs are for my order.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

It might be based on the cart value before checkout and this could include shipping costs if you had previously selected a shipping method and the cookie on your PC hadn't expired yet (in this case the cart does tend to remember your earlier shipping selection).

If shipping shows up in your cart, then try on another PC (or clear your actinic cookie) and I'm sure the value will be based on the products contents only.

There has been a thread on forcing the cookie to clear with a button. See:

http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=10842

Mike
      -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Yes, I played about with it a bit and figured it must be remembering the shipping information once it has been entered.

It shouldn't generally be a problem as you can't get to the shipping page until the order value is over the minimum value.

However, we have already had one order placed for goods below the minimum order value.
        So he must of put more goods in the cart to get to the checkout then removed some of the goods after the shipping had been chosen.
        Maybe he didn't even do it on purpose, shows some ingenuity if he did!
        <a href="http://www.rfsolutions.co.uk">RF Solutions Ltd - Remote Control, Bluetooth, Zigbee, RFID, GSM and GPS Products</a>

Comment

We have been getting quite a few orders below the minimum order value for the goods.

Is there any way we could change it so that the shipping costs are never taken into account for the minimum order value?

Comment

Hi Michael,

I will ask development regarding this issue, as the minimum order value should not be taken the shipping cost into account, and i cannot recreate this issue. Once i found some information i will post it to this thread.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there,

I have just been doing some testing on a default site, and i cannot recreate this issue at all. I've used the option "Request Location Early", just in case that was creating the problem, but so far, everything is going okay. I'm using the test Tracey had defined:
              I have set one for £5.00 and created two products (one for £3 and one for £2). If I add one of these products to the basket then I can't checkout.
              I will ask development, but if they draw a blank, I would suggest to you in registering an email ticket support, as we will need to take a look into your snapshot.

Kind Regards
              Nadeem Rasool
              SellerDeck Development

Comment

Yes you are right the system does not let you get to checkout until the basket is over the MOQ.
                However if the customer selects the delivery method then goes back and removes some items then you can still get to checkout if the value of the goods + delivery cost is over the MOQ.

This is not ideal for us as some of our delivery costs are quite high so once this is included it negates the MOQ for the goods.

Is there any way we can change it so that the delivery costs are not included in the MOQ?

Comment

Hi Michael,

Many thanks for the input, i can now recreate this issue on a default site. I will post all finding to the development team.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

The proper solution is probably to fix the cart so that it only includes the shipping charge during checkout. (Alternatively the shipping charge could be cleared as soon as the customer adds or deletes something from/to the cart).

As soon as the customer goes back and starts to add or delete things to the cart then there is no guarantee that the shipping charge is correct anymore.

Mike

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

Comment

Hi there

Please try the following:

Open ActinicOrder.pm (C:\Program Files\Actinic v7\Sites\Site1)

Search the following comment lines
                      #
                      # Get the shipping tax opaque data
                      #

Add the following just above the comment lines

my $nLowerBound = $$::g_pSetupBlob{'MIN_ORDER_VALUE'};
                      if ($nLowerBound > $nAdjustedProductSubTotal)
                      {
                      $nShipping = 0;
                      }
                      The above removed the shipping charge when the sub total value < lower limit. This is done before calculating tax.

Kind Regards
                      Nadeem Rasool
                      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks for the info, I've tried it out on a test upload today and it seemed to work fine.

I'll try putting it on the live site tomorrow, then see if any customers can manage to get around the MOQ now!

Comment

The modification removes the shipping however the MOQ includes taxes as well if a delivery address with tax levied has previously been chosen.

We would prefer for the MOQ to be based on the cost of goods before tax. Would it be possible to do this?

Comment

Hi Michael,

I'm not too sure about this, i will ask the question to the development team.

Kind Regards
                            Nadeem Rasool
                            SellerDeck Development

Comment

The original modification seems to have a bug in it which means people can place orders without any shipping charge.

If you
                              1. Select goods over the MOQ then go to checkout and select the shipping option
                              2. Return to basket and remove goods to make the total below the MOQ then the shipping is removed as well
                              3. Add goods to make the total over the MOQ again
                              4. Go to checkout and select delivery then proceed.

The delivery cost is not then added to the basket and the order can be processed without a shipping charge.

Could you have a look into this?

Comment

Working...
                              X