Notes on invoices

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Notes on invoices

Any way you can include a sentence or two on an Actinic printed invoice? Not every invoice, just maybe answering a customers query or advising when more stocks due in.
    Football Heaven

For all kinds of football souvenirs and memorabilia.

Should be a relatively simple change to the Invoice.rpt once you have decided what field you are going to use for the information, perhaps the journal would fit the bill depending on what you are looking to display? I have heavily changed the Actinic standard rpt which is not the best!

Once that is done you can add this into the invoice and set it only to print if the field is populated. Jan at Mole End should be able to do this.

David
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

All our prices include vat (not using Actinic's vat), in our ordering process we have a tickbox for customers to tick if they require a vat receipt. Rather than write the amounts on the invoice (the net amount, and the actual vat amount), it'd be sexy if we could type it somewhere similar to `adding an adjustment` to an order.

As well as the comments to the customer of course.
      Football Heaven

Comment

There are a few fields free that you could use (if you arent already?!). Why not type the VAT info into the "Comment" box in the View Payments option in the Progress and Payments order tab. You can then use the journal to answer any questions and still have the Purchase Order field free for whatever.

I have not intergrated the comment box or the journal into the invoice but it should be easy.

David
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

That box actually does the trick, although it only appears to have one line (if you press enter to go down one the view payments box closes), the down arrow does not work either.

I've processed maybe over 6000 Actinic orders and never noticed that box. ayattentioninfuturegeorge:

Thanks for that Dave. Any other tweaks on this subject most welcome.
          Football Heaven

Comment

Hmmm, wonder if I can change that `Comment` word to `Invoice` or something...
            Football Heaven

Comment

George,

Hold Ctrl then press enter, that will take you to a new line. Again, "comment" could be changed by Jan, if you are willing to pay anyway!

Dave
              Cheers

David
              Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Also now I think about it the Purchase Order Number will already be on the invoice but maybe not where you want it.

And, now I look, you can change the descriptions by going into Design, Text, Order Processing Reports then click on Invoice. Its all self explanatory.

Dave
                Cheers

David
                Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Jeeess, me thats already spent a fair bit of time bending words in the same text boxes in the far away and recent past. If anybody else uses this, its sometimes handy to change the same text fields in the Data Report as well as the Invoice.

Saves me pestering Jan again.

What's your site(s) Dave, am I allowed to ask? No problem if not, thanks again anyway.
                  Football Heaven

Comment

George,

Our site is www.sportswarehouse.co.uk.

David
                    Cheers

David
                    Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Saves me pestering Jan again.
                      :-) It's never a problem to help you out George.

Regards,
                      Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
                      Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
                      A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
                      Product Mash for Sellerdeck
                      Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
                      Multichannel order processing
                      Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Dave. Now, thats a site that looks `non Actinic`, I suppose thats what we're all looking for eventually. No dis-respect meant to Actinic here.

Jan. I will make a careful note of that. Get Out of Jail cards come in handy sometimes.
                        Football Heaven

Comment

George,

Thanks for that. We are hopefully about to undergo another redesign over the next few weeks and the new look is fantastic.

We had the site done 2 years ago by John Atkinson at www.orchard-design.co.uk and he will be doing the new one too. Whilst not the cheapest he was responsible for an immediate 4 fold increase in sales.

Sometimes, as they say, you get what you pay for!

David
                          Cheers

David
                          Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

I wonder if there is only so far you can take a site (like me and FH), before its worth the investment of experts. Its a step that maybe many companies like my own who have grown up with actinic, I think we're now getting almost 800-900 unique visitors every day, so maybe its worth me at least considering a facelift. Dunno.

I've a lot of theories and ideas that I've applied to my own site, like the scrolling news headlines, the links to Site of the Month and stuff like that. Maybe they're all costing FH customers lol.
                            Football Heaven

Comment

The way we looked at it was if our very unprofessional original site did £x amount a month then surely a well designed professional site can double that. If it did the figures added up and it would be worth doing. Thankfully, it did a whole lot better than that. 2 years on and we are about to spend the same again and hopefully this will once again bump up our orders (along with a lot of other hard graft behind the scenes).

From our point of view we could never have achieved this "in house" and I bow to anyone who is running successful sites that they designed themselves.

I would agree though, how far can you take it until you really need to call in an expert? Or, put another way, how long can you go on potentially missing sales?

The big problem is though that everybody has an opinion about whats good and whats not. Some are right, some are wrong, some are right and wrong, some will tell you that if you spend less than 5 figures you would be mad! I guess you just have to find someone you trust and sit back and let them do what they do!

David
                              Cheers

David
                              Located in Edinburgh UK

Comment

Working...
                              X