Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency Converters, textor java...

Hi guys

right after spending the last 2 hours reading through the search pages, i have come to the conclusion that i can not find any help regarding the http://cconv.textor.com/ conversion.

http://www.brymar.co.uk/acatalog/Man...Receivers.html uses this option that when you want to see the price in another currency you can click on a [currency] button located above the price. this then takes you to a java script pop up box that tells you the price in what ever currency you wish. very neat and very helpful.

i would like to have this on my site.

i have tried adding the HTML to a java popup box, but obviously this didn't work, looking back on it, it seems a silly thing to try.

but i cant for the life of me work out how it was done.

please can someone help.

thanks

Tony

i found this bit of java in the source, [ <A HREF="javascript:ShowPopUp('info%5fST200%2ehtml',325,180);">currency</A> ] which i think means it is also linked to the actual product.

im so confused right now.

Tony

Comment

little more info, bascally, the reason i want to use this converter is because it doesnt require the customer to manuelly (sp?) the ammout themselves, it seems to call up the price and convert it for the customer, all the customer has to do it click convert and choose what currency they want to have the ammount changed into.

seems quicker and easier than XE. but i will be stuffed if i know how it is added and how it calls the right price.

Tony

Comment

They're just using the standard Extended Info Popup. However it looks like they've manually entered the product price and textor code into each page. Do a View Source of that popup page and you'll see.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Norman

so if i just add that script into the " Generate pop up page " text box, it should just work?!

surly not?!

Comment

No. It looks like they amended the popup template and manually added the price (possibly via a CustomVar).

However there's a way of automating it. I'll post it on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff when I've got it working. Check soon.

Comment

so if i just add that script into the " Generate pop up page " text box, it should just work?!
              Actually it would. All you'd have to do is surround it with !!< and >!! so that Actinic knows you want to embed some HTML.

And put your price in of course.

Don't try this on a Product Description as Textor uses a FORM and that would break your product pages (that are already inside a FORM).

Comment

I've posted two methods on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff now.

One add a tiny conversion button to every price.

The other adds the conversion to the Extended Info Popups.

Comment

im stunned!

thank you so much for your time and effort! that is EXACTLY what i wanted it to do.

wow! what an ending

Tony

Comment

Please don't forget that my patches are now "Donationware". The converter button one was a LOT of work (an all-nighter), and will need maintained, as Actinic / Textor change things.

PS the bigger patch (converter button against the price) may be more useful to you as it remembers the chosen price and doesn't require you to make any changes to your products. You can change the text on the button easily.

Comment

Working...
                    X