2) Payment/ Credit Card sent separately
    3) Paypal

when selecting 2) or 3) on the Checkout Page as 'Payment Method'
    Credit Card Type:*
    Credit Card Number:*
    Credit Card Start Date:*
    Credit Card Expiration Date:*
    Last three digits on Signature Strip :*

are still shown in red as required fields although clicking "next" does allow progress to the next screen.

Furthermore a client may complete the 'mandatory' fields but leave the choice of payment on Payment/ Credit Card sent separately i.e the customer then think they have sent details when they haven't!

I would have thought the mandatory fields would reflect the method of payment chosen.

Have I missed a tweak or something here?

I really think this confuses customers and we may well be losing orders because of it.
    Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
    Actinic user since 1998

Hi there

I would have thought the mandatory fields would reflect the method of payment chosen.
    The required fields are SSL, which is the stage you are on for order02. Normally clients will just either have PSP or SSL.

One thing you could do, would be to edit your "Act_Order02.html" and put in some information like

"If you are paying by Paypal then please do not enter the information here" or similar

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

I was aware that I could order the tempate but was a) hoping I had missed something and b) flagging a problem which makes the package look rather unprofessional!!

Perhaps something could be done for v. 7.0.3???????
      Tony

Mandrake Press Ltd.
      Actinic user since 1998

Comment

Hi there

Thankyou, I will pass this information to the development team, however it is highly unlikely, if a change was to be made, to be in 7.0.3.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Almost a year later and we're back with a related problem

Is there a way to display a CC field - in this case Start Date - without making it mandatory? The reason we need to do this, is because we have had a customer which had a CC without a start date, thus they couldn't complete the checkout process. It does make you wonder how many other customers have left for the same reason.

So, is there a way to display the Start Date fields without making them mandatory but still send the data with the order if it is provided?
          David
          Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

Go into View | Business Settings | Payment and Security | here select a payment method, "Credit card' or "Credit Card details Captured..." and click on the 'Configure Method' button you see to the right, on the resulting screen, uncheck start date against the particular card type, save and exit, update teh store and all should be fine.

Kind regards,
            Bruce King
            SellerDeck

Comment

Yes, but the problem we have is that if we do as you have suggested, when a customer *does* provide a start date against that particular card type, Actinic doesn't download the info with the order.
              David
              Mandrake Press Ltd

<a href="http://www.mandrake-press.co.uk" target="_blank">www.mandrake-press.co.uk</a>

Comment

David,

If you look at the list you have when you click on "Configure method" you should see,

Mastercard
                Visa
                Switch
                Switch with no Issue Number

You can add a new once here by clicking on the '+' sign that you see next to 'Name' which is just above Mastercard. Check what type of card that customer used and make a new entry here and leave this option with the Start Date unchecked and name it for example, "Switch without Start Date". Actinic will only download the start date if it is a mandatory field.

Kind regards,
                Bruce King
                SellerDeck

Comment

Okay, thanks Bruce. It's a shame you can't do it the way I want as that would be neater than having to have multiple card/mandatory field combinations.
                  David
                  Mandrake Press Ltd

Comment

Further to this issue, can we flag this "Actinic will only download the start date if it is a mandatory field" problem as a bug.

Surely this is just a tweak to the code seen as Actinic downloads data from the non-mandatory "General Information" fields on the same check-out page and the additional address lines from the previous page.
                    David
                    Mandrake Press Ltd

Comment

David,

This is a wishlist item, as retrival of CC info is written into the source code and hence would require a rewrite of the SW. I will add your request to the list and will also check with Development on this one just to reconfirm.

Kind regards,
                      Bruce King
                      SellerDeck

Comment

Thanks Bruce
                        David
                        Mandrake Press Ltd

Comment

David,

This will need to be on the wish list as the Start Date is not downloaded or at least it is not stored in the DataBase and the Order edit, Payment tab does not show the start date if not required for the card type even if the date is manually entered into the DataBase. Also in addition the manually entered date is cleared when closing the Order Edit dialog. Have added to teh wish list.

Kind regards,
                          Bruce King
                          SellerDeck

Comment

Working...
                          X