Cookie - accessing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cookie - accessing

Hi - I'm really quite new to actinic, so I have a few questions. The first is hopefully more a confirmation. I wish to create the section page, search page, info page and probably the products pages myself - for fear of mucking up vital templates. Is this possible to design the pages independantly and simply add the relevant link info to the url with the correct actions?

The second question is around cookies. I've added some products to my cart but can't find the cookie - I presume it does use one to store the products? The reason I ask this is because I want to have a summary cart on most of my /acatlog pages and possibly a few out. Is this possible?

thank-you

Kevin.

There's a good description of how to integrate actinic into your own design in the V6 Advanced User Guide. You'll find a copy in the actinic support section.

I think the cart content summary info was only added to the cookie data from V6 onwards (but I'm not sure which version exactly). Before that I think the cookie only carried a session ID.

So my advice would really be to get a recent version of Actinic. There have been so many advances that even with your own coding you realy don't want to be using V4.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

Working...
    X