is there a work around with accounts ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

is there a work around with accounts ?

I have created a customer accounty, but want the customer to be able to change their address when they check out

in the account tab within edit customer details I need to untick the "only invoice" button, but every time I do and click ok as soon as I go back in it is ticked again ?

cheers

up......................................................

Comment

Hi there

Within the customer accounts on the "Buyers" tab, you could select "Allow user to Select or Enter new address" for the delivery address, and make sure in the "Address" tab you have the ticked "Valid as Invoice Address" and "Valid as Delivery Address".

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

HELLLP...Problem With "Only Invoice Address"

I'm having the same problem as Froogle. For some reason now, the "Only Invoice Address" keeps checking itself on all accounts. If I uncheck it, and click OK, it's checked again when I open it. This means ALL our customers cannot change their delivery address. This is a major problem. Never happened with Version 6. Does anyone know how I can resolve this ASAP. Thanks.

Comment

Hi,

I'm afraid that this is a bug in the v7 software. The only workaround until it has been fixed is to directly edit the database. Firstly, ensure that in the buyers tab, they are all set to 'Allow User to Select or Enter a New Address'. (If this is greyed out for the 'Invoice Address' field and on the wrong selection then you must do points 1 to 5):

1. Take a backup of the 'ActinicCatalog.mdb' file in the site folder (usually c:\program files\actinic 7\sites\site1)

2. Open the ActinicCatalog.mdb file in Access 2000 (go to point 6 if your 'Invoice Address' in the buyers tab is already set to 'Allow User to Select or Enter a New Address'. - even if it is greyed out)

3. Open the 'Buyer' table (double-click on it)

4. Find the 'nInvoiceAddressRule' column (4th one) and change the value(s) to '2' (without the apostrophes).

5. Close this table.

6. Open the 'Customer' table (double-click on it)

7. Scroll to the end of the table and you should see a column called 'nInvoiceAddressRule' (third one from end)

8. Change the value to '0' (without the apostrophes)

9. Close the table and the database.

10. Update your site.

Please note that this will only last until you go into the customer account. At which point the 'Only Invoice Address' tick box will become ticked again, so you will then have to do this fix again for that account.
          Tracey
          SellerDeck

Comment

Has this been fixed

Any chance that this has been fixed, I am looking at using customer accounts. If not fixed yet, any news on when it will be?

thanks

James

Comment

Hi,

This is going to be fixed in v7.0.5 (due out in 1-2 months).
              Tracey
              SellerDeck

Comment

There is an easier way than this ;-)

What you do is create the account as usual. You will notice you can't untick the invoice only box.

Now go in and create another address in the buyers bit. Then untick the box. You will notice it now stays unticked.

Now go in and delete the second address. The box still stays unticked !

genius

Originally posted by TraceyG
                Hi,

I'm afraid that this is a bug in the v7 software. The only workaround until it has been fixed is to directly edit the database. Firstly, ensure that in the buyers tab, they are all set to 'Allow User to Select or Enter a New Address'. (If this is greyed out for the 'Invoice Address' field and on the wrong selection then you must do points 1 to 5):

1. Take a backup of the 'ActinicCatalog.mdb' file in the site folder (usually c:\program files\actinic 7\sites\site1)

2. Open the ActinicCatalog.mdb file in Access 2000 (go to point 6 if your 'Invoice Address' in the buyers tab is already set to 'Allow User to Select or Enter a New Address'. - even if it is greyed out)

3. Open the 'Buyer' table (double-click on it)

4. Find the 'nInvoiceAddressRule' column (4th one) and change the value(s) to '2' (without the apostrophes).

5. Close this table.

6. Open the 'Customer' table (double-click on it)

7. Scroll to the end of the table and you should see a column called 'nInvoiceAddressRule' (third one from end)

8. Change the value to '0' (without the apostrophes)

9. Close the table and the database.

10. Update your site.

Please note that this will only last until you go into the customer account. At which point the 'Only Invoice Address' tick box will become ticked again, so you will then have to do this fix again for that account.

Comment

thanks everyone for your replies

regards

James

Comment

Working...
                  X