Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Components with unique weight

Hello,
    I am trying to figure out how to present weighted product choices. Each of these choices is the same product offered in different weights. For example, "Nails (5 pounds, 10 pounds, 15 pounds)". I don't see a way to add an individual weight to components or attributes. I saw some things in this forum about creating associated products but I'm not able to figure out how to do this to work as a dropdown like an attribute. If this can be done, can someone direct me to the correct documentation or describe the process in detail?

Thank,
    Clark

Hi there

You need to create a product first, which is hidden. This hidden product contains the stock value as well as price. Then within the permutation, you would simply associate the choice with the hidden product.

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Can you go into a bit more detail about how to do this.

Thanks
      For Everyday Pet Products
      www.pet-bliss.com

For Doggy Bling and Clothes
      www.poshpaws.ie

Comment

Hi there

Here is a rough one
        Setting up Components and Attributes

1. Create a new product called Test Product
        The price should be set to zero

2. Create a new product called Test Product 1
        Set the price to be £10.00 and make it hidden

3. Create a new product called Test Product 2
        Set the price to be £20.00 and make it hidden

4. Create a new product called Test Product 3
        Set the price to be £30.00 and make it hidden

5. Highlight Test product and right click on it
        Select the option of New Component. Call the component Link.

6. Right Click on Link and select Attributes
        7. Call the attributes – Choice
        8. Right click on Choice and select New Choice
        9. Call the first choice – Test Product 1
        10. Right click on Choice and select New Choice
        11. Call the second choice – Test Product 2
        12. Right click on Choice and select New Choice
        13. Call the third choice – Test Product 3
        14. Once you have done this, then simply double click on “Link” and select the Permutation tab
        15. Click on Fill List, and you will get the 3 test products. Where it says Products – Select the individual products, (Ie the first one will be Test Product 1)
        16. Select for pricing “Associated Products” on all three of them
        17. Once you have done this, simply click on Test Product, On the pricing model, select “Sum of Component Prices”
        So for each hidden test product, i have shown just with price, but you can add weight to them. Give it a try

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Pack Size

I have a similar problem and have followed your instructions and seem to have made some progress. My problem comes as regards the resultant stock quantity adjustment.

We sell envelopes. We have found that the average small business likes to be able to buy these in smallish quantities; so we offer a standard pack size of 50 envelopes. However, larger businesses find it a bit of a pain to figure out that if they want 20,000 envelopes, they have to order 400 packs of 50. I am therefore trying to set up a 'choice' of pack size and this seems to work fine the way you have described, except for the fact that if someone buys 2 packs of 500 envelopes, for example, (i.e. 20 packs of 50) I would expect my stock of that code to decrease by 20, not by 2 as it is doing.

I have tried adding a component to the hidden product code for the 500 pack, which says that it uses 10 of the main unhidden product but that doesn't work.

Can you offer any solution to this?

Also, if you do have a solution, will it also work with Actinic Link for Sage and update the Sage stock quantities correctly ??

Many thanks.
          Richard
          www.worldofenvelopes.com

Comment

Hi there

I would expect my stock of that code to decrease by 20, not by 2 as it is doing.
            This is because you are purchasing '2' packs of the product. My only suggestion would be to create a '500 Pack' product, so when someone purchases it, they are purchasing '1 x 500 Pack'.

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
            X