Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mutliple Attribute Layout Problems

Hi,

I am having major difficulties with the layout of components and attributes.

As shown in the attachment, for each attribute that is shown, there is a repeated component label that I do not want shown.

I just want to have 1 component showing followed by all available attributes for that component as shown to the right of the attachment.

Any help would be MUCH appreciated.

Neil.
    Attached Files
    <font="arial" size="2">Neil Dennis
    <font color="red"><B>Creative Director</B></font>
    ---------------------------------------------------
    <a href="mailto:neil@strawberrysoup.co.uk">neil@strawberrysoup.co.uk</a>
    <a href="http://www.strawberrysoup.co.uk">www.strawberrysoup.co.uk</a></font>
    Website Development and Public Wireless Hotspots

Are you using a custom variant layout using NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABELn, NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTORn?

If so, double-check that you've not repeated one of these.

If it's not that you could post the appropriate bit of the Product Template in case there's something funny there.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hey Norman,

Thanks for your reply. There are no repeating numbers in the file.

Please see attached for more info,
      Attached Files

Comment

Hmmm... All looks OK. This could be a bug. I remember finding problems with custom variants that used components in V6.

Have you a live site that we can look at? If so please port the URL of the problem page.

If you could post a screen capture of the expanded product tree showing all these attributes that might help too.

It may also help narrow things down if you temporarily replace all your custom variants with NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS. You'll get a lousy layout but it might help to see if that works / fails.

You could also switch that page back to a standard product template and see what happens then.

Comment

Hey Norman,

Please see the product hierarchy as attached.

The site is being designed for a client, so I would rather not post the URL at the moment.

Thanks.
          Attached Files

Comment

I amended my post - above - while you were replying. Made a few more suggestions that might help narrow things down. That's all I can do if I can't see the site.

Comment

Norman,

I understand. When I use NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTS everything is fine (except the layout.)

Do you think that it is something to do with the way that the products are laid out in the hierarchy?

-Product
              ---Component
              ------Attribute
              ------Attribute
              ---Component
              ------Attribute
              ------Attribute

Is this correct?

Many thanks.

Comment

I doubt that you're doing anything wrong. This looks more and more like a bug. Best wait for Actinic to come on-line tomorrow, and see what they say.

Comment

Hi there

I'm going to get this checked with development, to see if they feel its a bug. I would imagine it is a bug, but i'm getting it checked.

Kind Regards
                  Nadeem Rasool
                  SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there

Just got information back from the development team, and i am afraid this is a bug within the software.

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi there.

Ok. We have sorted out the layout problem as discussed earlier regarding just using the variants option.

When would this bug be fixed? - would it be the next release?

Thanks.

Comment

Hi there

The bug is not going to be fixed for a while, but until then, I have come up with a workaround which should work for you.

Basically, I have changed the HTML in your productline template to the following:
                        Code:
                        <table width="100%" border="0" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="0" valign="top">
                        <tr>
                        <td valign="bottom" width="50%">NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL1</td>
                        <td valign="bottom" width="50%">CUSTOMVAR:VARIANTLABEL2</td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                        <td valign="top" width="50%">NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR1</td>
                        <td valign="top" width="50%">NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR2</td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                        <td valign="bottom" width="50%">NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL3</td>
                        <td valign="bottom" width="50%">CUSTOMVAR:VARIANTLABEL4</td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                        <td valign="top" width="50%">NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR3</td>
                        <td valign="top" width="50%">NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTSELECTOR4</td>
                        </tr>
                        <tr>
                        <td><Actinic:ACTIONS>NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTADDTOCARTBUTTON</Actinic:ACTIONS></td>
                        </tr>
                        </table>
                        I have restructured the table but more importantly, I have replaced NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL2 and NETQUOTEVAR:VARIANTLABEL4 with CUSTOMVAR:VARIANTLABEL2 and CUSTOMVAR:VARIANTLABEL4.

Then I went to 'Advanced | Custom Properties' and created two new custom properties called VARIANTLABEL2 and VARIANTLABEL4. Then for a dummy 'Bra and Thong' product I added these two new custom properties in the 'Properties' tab and set values for them of 'Colour'.

It works pretty well.

Comment

Hey,

Thanks for your reply.

I have sorted it out now with the layout specified and it looks good!!

Thanks again for everyones help.

Comment

Working...
                          X