Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Change of PC

Hi

I have recently bought a new PC to replace my ageing steam driven machine. I would like to transfer my Actinic program and the site I am building, to my new PC so that I can rid of the old one.

I have created a snapshot of the work in progress on the old PC and have it on a usb drive ready to go on the new one. However after installing Actinic on the new PC it will not accept the key as valid when I enter it.

There must be a way to do this. Can anyone advise me please.

Regards

Bubo

License keys are different between major versions e.g. 5,6,7. Are you installing the same major version as the old?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Yes I am. I am using the same installation disc that I got when I purchased the package.

I should have said, I am using Actinic Catalog v7.

Bubo

Comment

Perhaps it's some weird mixup between letters that look the same (0 / O)(Zero / Oh).

You can go to Housekeeping / Security on your old system and then copy and paste that info to a textfile. Open the textfile on your new system and try pasting in the appropriate field when asked for the key.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Sorted now, thanks. For some reason it suddenly accepted the licence key from the original disc.

Thanks for the advice.

Bubo

Comment

Working...
          X