Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Site keeps refreshing

Hi,

I'm currently redesigning an existing site, however when I change anything on the page it refreshes 2-3 times - normally it would only refresh once.

Is there anyway I can stop this from happening as it takes designing a lot longer as I have to wait for it to refresh the page? I don't wish to turn it to manual though...

Thanks
    Linda
    www.aloevera-and-you.com (this isn't the new site though)
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Although didn't fix - solved it Short Term

I think that it's possible I had a corrupt file on the site causing it to refresh all the time. Anyway I've now worked around it and have my new site up and running.

Linda
    w ww.aloevera-and-you.com
    Best Regards
    www.yourxocaistore.co.uk - for all your Healthy Chocolate Needs - yes I did say 'Healthy Chocolate'
    www.bridgingthegap2.co.uk - for a range of natural health and wellness products
    www.youraloestore.co.uk - for Forever Living's Aloe Vera Products

Comment

Hi Linda

If you got 7.0.2, then you could go into "Help | Troubleshooting" and click on the button that says "Website Purge and Refresh". Make sure on the new dialog box, the "Delete .cat and .fil" files is ticked. Now click on the button "Delete and Refresh", Actinic will delete all .cat and .fil on the website as well as on your local machine, and generate new ones.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

I have developed a similiar problem to this which is becoming difficult since we now have over 8000 products and its take maybe an hour out of my day. I thought I would try Nadeem's suggestion but I've found that my "Website Purge" button is always greyed out.

Any ideas gratefully received

Helen

Comment

Hi Helen

I thought I would try Nadeem's suggestion but I've found that my "Website Purge" button is always greyed out.
          Have you disabled uploading by unticking "Catalog Maintenance"? in "View | Business Settings | Options". Doing this will cause the button to be greyed out.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

No, everything is as it should be. Although I've just uploaded again today (using the arrow on the toolbar) and now as I've just checked the "website purge" button is back.

Best wishes

Helen

Comment

Working...
            X