Shipping Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Shipping Help

A customer wants to charge delivery by destination county in the UK.
    How can i do this?
    I need to assign a certain prices to each county, so when a shopper checks out it asks what there county is and works out the shipping cost from there.

So for example:
    Shropshire : £10
    Worcestershire:£12
    Herefordshire: £14
    Lincolnshire : £18

Any help would be appreciated.

Same problem

HI,
    I have the same question, trying to do the same for Ireland.
    Thought about setting each county up as a country but I still need to display UK and North America too and there would be too many options.
    Breda

Comment

Hi Matt

As Breda suggests, the best way to do this would be to create each of the counties as countries... you can create new countries (counties) by going to Advanced | Locations, and adding the counties to the list.

Once you have done that, if you go to View | Business settings | Shipping and handling, if you set the shipping by zone, then you can add each of the counties you have created, and apply the shipping charges accordingly.

The best way to set this up I think would be to do it the shipping by total quantity (under calculation basis)...

Then if you set a high quantity that is unlikly to be ordered - i.e. 500, under the quantity field that way the cost would be applied no matter how many products are ordered, and then put the relevant shipping cost.

For example, the shipping table for Shropshire would look something like this...

Quantity________Cost
      100____________?10

Hope that helps

Comment

Thanks for the help.
        I will give it a go and see how i get on.

Comment

Working...
        X