X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please please help me!

Hi,

I've been asked by a client to:

I would like to go ahead and change the shipping charges so that once an order has a value of $45, Priority Mail kicks in automatically. We need to be careful that customers don't select Priority Mail as an option if they are going to be charged it anyway because of the value of their order.. and then get charged twice!

I think the wording on the Delivery page should be changed as follows:

Our standard shipping method within the contiguous 48 states for all orders up to the value of $44.99 is via USPS First-Class Mail, although you may select Priority Mail as an option. For orders totalling $45 or more, we ship by USPS Priority Mail (1-3 day service to most domestic destinations). We also offer delivery by USPS Express Mail (1-2 day service to most domestic destinations).

At the moment the shipping charges are calculated by weight. I have never had to change this before and my job is only to edit shops, not to build them so my experience is fairly limited! Please help me if you can, I only have a couple of hours to do this in and i'm sure it's not healthy to be this stressed on a tuesday!

Thanks in advance.

p.s Remember i'm a newbie so laymans talk would be perfect
    Last edited by roona; 18-Jan-2005, 11:18 AM. Reason: Because i desperately need help

Hi Roona

Your client would need to create 2 different shipping classes, one for UPS and one for the Priority Mail class.

The cost of the shipping can be set up against the order value within the tables in View | Business Settings | Shipping and Handling.

There isnt really a way within Actinic to have a certain shipping charge kicking in once a specific order value has been reached.

I can add a request for this option to our wishlist.

Hope that helps

Comment

Working...
    X