money discount on products

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

money discount on products

on reading through actinic section regarding discounts i see you can give % off if customer spends over certain amount overall and the 2 for 1 offer.

How do i give certain products a money discount scheme?

not to clear on how this is done?

Thanks

Paul

You first need to assign the products to a group - create a new product group VIEW > PRODUCT GROUPS and then create a new group Eg: Special Offers January. The you can add the products into the group.

You then need to create your discounts VIEW > DISCOUNTS AND SURCHARGE SETTINGS ... here you can decide what type of discount (money off, percentage, buy 2 get 1 free etc) for that product group.

Under each product reference in go to DISCOUNTS tab and set the product group accordingly

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Thanks

I want to discount all purchases when people buy over 5 of an item do i have to do these all individaly?

Thanks

Paul

Comment

In the DISCOUNTS AND SURCHARGES SETTINGS there is the option under CART CONTENTS and then GENERAL tab to set the BASED ON to QUANTITY and then the trigger level to 5.

Dont forget to set the PRESENTATION text to something like "Buy 5 and get a 10% discount. Click [GROUPLINK] to see items on offer" set the text for GROUPLINK as something like "here" to create a hyperlink which then give a list of all products in that group.

Bikster

Comment

as the reward amount will be different each time what do i put in here as it has to be a £ amount i think/

Thanks

Paul

Comment

ive put 10.00 in there think that ok for a 10% discount?

Paul

Comment

If you have set the discount to £ off then 10.00 will equate to £10.00 discount - set the discount to % off to give 10 per-cent discount.

I am unsure to what you mean about the amount being different each time - if you mean this will vary on a week to week or month to month basis (eg 10 per-cent off in Jan, 12 per-cent off in Feb) then set the RESTRICTIONS tab to set a valid to and from date. If you want to change the discounts as and when you feel like it then I would simply ignore the restrictions, alter the discount and upload the catalog again

The other option would be to set up a price band under the product type so if they buy 5 of that specific product they get a specific price - take care not to add to a product group or further discounts will apply

Bikster

Comment

Working...
              X