Product/promts always required

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product/promts always required

Hello, I want to be able to offer my customer the choice of entering a message to go with their purchase. But i do not want it to be compulsery as it seems to be.
    In product/promts/other info field.

As a default this seems to be set to always required, is there a way to make this an option and not an absolute.
    A link to my product which show the error page if the fild is left emty is below.
    The site is live.

<http://www.treasureislandsweets.co.uk/acatalog/jolly_rogers_box_of_jelliest.html>
    Treasure Island Sweets

This can be done and is already covered on the Forum. I'm not sure where though. Try some searching. http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=6269 might help.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

hi, thanks for that, that part now works.
      Is there a way to also make the date entry an optional feature ?
      regards
      wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Much more difficult. I'd just add the text "Leave at 1st Jan 2005 for normal delivery".
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

hi, thanks, although the date is set to 1/jan/2005 it shows as an error if the user does not select another date. It seems that you can not leave the default date as it is without getting an error prompt to enter a date.
          Any ideas?
          Regards
          wesley
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

hello again, please ignore my last post, the problem has sorted it self out. I think i must have been viewing a cached page in explorer.
            All is fine, thanks for your help
            wesley
            Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
            X