Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gathering Additional Ordering/Delivery Info

Hi there,

I maintain a site selling Greeting Cards.

What i would like to do with this site is allow customers the option of create their own messages which i will handwrite myself and then send the card to the recipitent of the greeting card.

So, instead of Mr A buying a card from our site and getting it delivered to himself, writing it and then sending it out to Mr B, Mr A would have the option to simply buy the card from our site, add a message which we would write and then we would send it directly to Mr B.

However, i am unsure as to how i would do this?

What i was originally thinking was to use one of the 'user defined' boxes but then what would happen if the client ordered two or more cards? I wouldn't know which message was to appear on which card?

What would be needed is a way of associating the message to a card as a tick box on the order/view cart page or something?

Even if this is not achievable in Actinic, i could put a tick box somewhere and even get the client to send us through and e-mail or, send them to a HTML page with a form in that they can send us.

I was just wondering if anybody had encountered and overcome a similiar type of scenario?

Thanks in advance for any help
    www.wonkeymonkey.com

Look in the Help for Other Info Prompt. This allows you to put a message entry line right on the product, which is passed through to you with the order.

You may need to tweak this to make it optional (there are posts on doing just this - or look in the Knowledge Base).

If you charge extra for this, you could simply show each card twice (once without the box) and once with at different prices.

If you need to capture several lines with the product this too can be done, but needs an add-on. See www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff for Multi Other Info Prompts.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Thank you for your help Norman

The Knowledge base article is Ref: KB437

Kind regards
      www.wonkeymonkey.com

Comment

Working...
      X