Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom "User-Defined" Property

Hi

I've just about got to grips with custom properties, but am I right in thinking these custom properties can only be set by YOU (the site admin)?

I would like to create a custom control (drop-down list) which I input onto the checkout page which the customer can select from. To save confusion, a real life example of what I'm looking for is the "Date info prompt" in the Act_ShoppingCartXML.html template.

Is this possible?

Thanks

CUSTOM PROPERTIES relate to Products capabilities and don't allow for user input.

However the checkout pages Act_Order01.html, through Act_Order04.html do contain the capability for some user defined fields. They can be enabled in Design / Text / Web Site (cont). You can possibly modify one of these to capture any extra info in the format you need.

If you tell us what you are tring to do, perhaps we can point you in the direction of another post that helps.

Also a bit of searching may throw up prior solutions.
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi Again Norman

This is the same issue I was having yesterday. Having learnt a little more about customizing Actinic I thought maybe custom properties was the way forward.

All I really need is another "Date info" property. By default Actinic gives you one, as well as one "Line info" property. I need 2 Date info fields to capture customers "To" and "From" dates, as my client's core business is rentals.

To recap, this was our last conversation: http://community.actinic.com/showthread.php?t=11792

Any ideas?

Comment

"All I really need is another..".

Unfortunately it's not that trivial. You need an extra date input field (set of dd mm yy) and calculate the # of days between that and the Actinic Start date, then provide some sort of price calculation based on that # of days (possibly made more complex if rental rates vary with duration).

And finally pass that additional info to the Cart, Checkout and through to the printed reports.

This can all be done but would require some serious tweaking.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
        X