X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Importing flat file.

Hi all,

I have a bit of a dilema.
    I am moving from Ecommerce product to Actinic and I have run into a little problem.
    I have over 20K products that I want to import into Actinic.

I have been importing test data and I need to have (external) website links so I am going to use the [LINK] process. (Changing 2058 to <A HREF = %s TARGET="_blank" dummy="%s">%s</A>)

Problem is;
    1. What is the import actinic map field for Advanced link URL ?
    2. Why when I import Full Description with [LINK] embedded it fails to work1 unless I edit the Full Description with a space and apply?

1 My Full description is displayed as Manufacturer Number : [LINK] and not Manufacturer Number : 123456. I need to put a space and apply for the Manufacturer Number : 123456 to be displayed.
    I can press space and delete then apply to achive the Manufacturer Number : 123456 result. It is as if I need to amend the Full Details for it to apply the [LINK] code?

Any help would be great.

Regards and thanks.

Dave

Fixed problem 1

Hi.

If you ever had the first problem this is how you import data with a Advanced Link / URL [LINK]

Link type = 0
    Link ID = your url path i.e http://www.google.com

Now I just have to figure out this [LINK] problem of having to edit the "Full Description" box with a space and Apply!
    Unless this is a bug?

Hope someone can assist?

Regards and thanks.

Dave

Comment

Ahh

Hair is starting to fall out!

Anyone had this problem ? (perhaps doing a site export/import ?)

Dave

Comment

Hi Dave,

I'm looking into this issue. This might be a bug, as Actinic is trying the word [LINK] as text only and not changing it. I'm passing this to the development team and will let you know.

Kind Regards
        Nadeem Rasool
        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Dave,

Just to let you know, that this is a bug within the software, and is due to be fixed in a future release.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Ok!

Cheers

Not to worry - good old work arounds will prevail

D

Comment

Working...
            X