Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

multiple search column results

hi,

I'm using Norman's V7 patch for multiple column search results. The search function eems to be working however the results are now being displayed in a single row e.g

product 1 product 2 product 3 product 4

Can't seem to see what I'm doing worng!

Have I deleted/editing some code need in other Act_template's?!

Thanks
    Naveed

Did it work before?

Have you changed something recently?

Have you an URL so we can see?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

thanks Norman,

I have emailed you my URL and no it has never worked correctly.

Naveed

Comment

Hi Naveed

Norman doesn't actually work for Actinic, and just produces patches and plug-ins in his own time (and for a small donation) so it's probably best not to email him directly for support.

What I suggest doing is let us know exactly which version of Actinic you are using (in 'Help | About') and also zip up the files you have edited, and attach them here, so we can test them out for ourselves.

Hope that's OK.

Comment

I don't mind makeing a donation, Norman does some excellent patches for what I yhink should now be standard features within actinic.

I am using actinic catalog V7.0 do you think actinic trial hoting could effect Norman's patch then.

I'll post my trail URL here and email you the actinic templates I have it edited. Let me know if thats ok with you first here.

Thanks
          Naveed

p.s I have now re-done the patch so you are able to see the effect/results of a search for yourself.

Comment

sorry catalog v7.0.1.0.0.0

Comment

If you are using trial hosting (i.e. on trials.actinic.com) then Norman's patch won't work as the changed Perl files will not be uploaded to the site.

You can only do it when you have your own web server.

Comment

Problem solved then Norman's patch should work fine then when I upload my site to my own web server.

Just another quickie then! I am using product images in search results with image resizeing selected. This use the main product image, If I create a thumbnail for each product and select this within actinic, actinic should then display the thumbnail image in the search results. correct?

thanks for the help
                naveed

Comment

Correct. If there is a thumbnail defined, it is used. Otherwise, the main product image is used.

Comment

thanks

Comment

For the time being until I upload my site to my own web server I thought I'd restore/remove Norman's patch.

Simply copy and pasted the original files back into site1 and then refershed the website.

Now get this

thanks
                      naveed

Comment

Could you actually post your proper URL of your store please? The perl script address might go a bit strange when linked to from a page outside your site.

Also, go to 'Web | Refresh Website' to refresh the store pages, and also go to 'Help | Troubleshooting' and click 'Purge Session Files' to reset your shopping session.

Comment

I've tried both the above! no joy

http://trials.actinic.com/trials/trial9740/shop.html

Thanks
                          Naveed

Comment

Any ideas/help from anyone will be gratefully appreciated.

thanks
                            Naveed

Comment

It looks like the Actinic test Server uses standard scripts so this patch won't work. So any Perl changes tou made will be ignored. However any changes you made to Template will affect your site so these must be undone. There are originals in the appropriate Theme directory.

I'm not at an Actinic system at the moment so can't direct you any further.
                              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
                              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
                              X