Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Custom Top Section Links

Hi

I've looked but I can't find the answer.
    Q. How do I customise the Top Section links (NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONSTOP) so that in one particular Section only a couple of other Section Links are displayed. When in other Sections, all sections in the store would be displayed as normal.

Regards
    valve man

www.myweeklyflowers.co.uk

Hi there

I'm afraid you cannot customise this variable. This variable will only show ALL toplevel sections. I can only suggest in your using a custom variable insteads to show the section links you want per section.

An idea on this, would be to go to "Advanced | Custom Properties" and create a variable called "SECTIONLINK".
    Now edit your "Act_Primary.html" and type in here where "NETQUOTEVAR:TOPLEVELSECTIONTOP" is, "CUSTOMVAR:SECTIONLINK".

Now what you can do, is click on each section and go to the properties box, click on the "+" sign, and select "CUSTOMVAR:SECTIONLINK". Here for the value you could link to an external html file whick you could create, or you could also put in the html code like
    Code:
    <a href="section1.html">Section 1</a>
    Another way of achieving what you want, would be to have different Act_Primary.html for each section and hard code the links you want on though pages. With each section, you can have different primary templates.

Kind Regards
    Last edited by Nadeem; 24-Jan-2005, 10:35 AM. Reason: Adding More information with example
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem
      That sounds as though it should do the trick.

Thanks

valve man

Comment

Working...
      X