Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Two sites in one directory?

Good morning everyone!

We have a set of product which will require a special checkout process, seperate from the information we require of our normal customers.

I want to license a new Actinic site in Developer but upload to the same directory, not purchase a new domain.

For example, our normal site is http://www.dutygearuniforms.com. I want the new catalog to be in http://www.dutygearuniforms.com/postaluniforms

Is this possible and if so how do I set up network settings in this new catalog? Or is there a better way?

I'm going to be emailing support in the U.S. about this, but I feel that I can get just as much input here at the community.

You might be better putting the new site in a subdomian. ie you could use www.postal.dutygearuniforms.com

The advantage of using subdomains is that they act as unique domains and should behave properly with different checkouts and scripts.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I am in the middle of doing this if i use a sub domain the probs i found you had to have a second merchant. (more money)

if you have developer you can do it by:

1. crate a subfolder on you hosts server called ie: trade
      2. advanced | network setup :change yourdomain.co.uk/acatalog/ to yourdomain.co.uk/trade/acatalog/
      3. advanced | network setup :change to CGI Script ID from 1 to 2
      4. On your home page you need to add 2 buttons 1 for shop : 1 for trade only
      I hpoe this helps and you can make head n tail of it.

cheers

Adrian

Comment

Adrian,

That is very helpful, thanks! I'll probably be in touch as I try to work this out.

Christy

Comment

Working...
        X