Product reference

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product reference

How do I make the product reference visible on the website, if I choose auto-generate prod ref then it is not visible but if I choose to manually assign the product reference it is visible.

I would like to have Actinic automatically assign the reference and have it visible on the site?.

Thanks in advance

MJ

www.oneStopSafetyShop.co.uk

Hello MJ,

"I would like to have Actinic automatically assign the reference and have it visible on the site"

In the "Business settings" window and "Options" tab, check "Auto Generate Products Références" and see that "Hide Product Reference in Online Catalog" is unchecked ; that should do it
    User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

Thank you for the reply, unfortunately this option is unchecked but still it does not show the reference?.

MJ

Comment

if you add NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE to your product templates that will display the Ref on the product pages, even when it's usually hidden. I'm not sure if this works on the Cart and Checkout though.

If it doesn't then you can turn on the Actinic generated referenced only when adding new products, but turn it off when generating your site.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Did you edit your templates ?
          Maybe you commented out the NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE
          User of Actinic since V3 and living on the French riviera

Comment

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE isn't normally used on any Actinic Templates. It's an extra code that contains the raw product reference without any surrounding text ot formatting.

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF (shorter and different name) is the usual one you see in the Product Templates.

Comment

Norman,
              Just checked the template and "NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE " is already there ?.

Rgds

Mark

Comment

It's not there on a standard installation of Actinic. Sure you're looking at NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE?

Comment

Sorry Norman,

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF was already there, I added NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREFERENCE and that now works, can not understand WHY NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF does not work?.

Rgds

Mark

Comment

You might think again about the automatic ref numbers, as they could cause you a problem latter on if you want to use the link or other accounting software

It may help you to use a product reference that tells you about the product be it a suppliers code or your own for instance a red sweatshirt size 38 could be reference number 1 or Sweat38R. the latter makes more sense when you need to tie it in with an accounts package and also update prices etc.

It also helps when you use componants as you will be required to enter the product ref

There are no firm rules but I found it much easier after I changed mine from Automatic to my own system
                    Chris Ashdown

Comment

Working...
                    X