Upgrade 6 to 7 Snapshot Import

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade 6 to 7 Snapshot Import

Can I import a snapshot from version 6 to version 7?
    Mark

Yes....

Once imported the Actinic Upgrade util will kick in and then go through upgrading the templates and scripts to v7 compatibility, which dependant on how much customization you have done in v6, will depend on any manual intervention as directed by the upgrader...

Comment

Snapshot

So, just so I'm clear about this, if I run the upgrade to Version 7 before I do the import, am I right in saying that I bypass the template upgrade wizard at that stage?

Comment

If you install v7 onto the same machine that has the previous version, then Actinic v7 will ask if you want to upgrade that site in the old version, which means it will copy (not remove or interfere with the old version in operation) the site into the v7 and then conduct the upgrade on that once it has copied it all across.

If you install v7 and then conduct the import of an older snapshot, then it will then ask to upgrade the previous version into the new version.

Either way, it will need to conduct its upgrade operations to get it to work with the v7 feature set

Comment

That's very clear now. Many thanks.
          Mark

Comment

Working...
          X