Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Currency converter

Hi
    I recently upgraded from catalogue version 3 to 7, without too much sress to body and soull! I use a secure SSL site for the shopping cart, not using a third party bank and by downloading card details. I recently tried to insert a link to XE.COM currency converter, the Java script and code inserted exactly as directed by the advanced Actinic guide (page 52) and the XE.COM site. The currency converter worked as intended as a pop up window on the shopping cart pages and checkout. The checkout is in the secure socket and gave the prompt that you will view secure and unsecure material by clicking yes. By cliicking yes, the "secure lock"on the task bar disappears, however https is still on the address bar. The reason is probably because of mixing the unsecure site of XE with secure checkout. I feel customers may get alarmed if they see the secure lock disappearing when giving card details. I am looking for ideas whereby the converter is present in the shopping pages but not in the secure area. For the moment I have taken the currency converter down.

Any comments or ideas most welcome.

Kind regards

John A

http://www.jandrew-elec.com

You can use different Primary Templates for the shopping, cart and checkout. See Design / Options / Layouts.

You may also be interested in NorPrice. An add-on I just finished that adds an optional real-time currency converter to all your prices. Your site starts up in the home currency with a link to an alternative currency selection popup. Once the customer selects an alternate curency, that additional currency is shown everywhere from then on with no more intervertion required.

Details on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi John,

I've purchased this add-on from Norman and I must say that I am pretty chuffed with it. It really looks the business and works very well. Furthermore, if I can put it into the site, anybody can.

See it working at www.smithscountrypursuits.co.uk

Regards,

David
      -----------------------------
      www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

Currency converter

Many thanks for the replies to my question on currency converters. I will study these asap.

Regards

John A

Comment

http://www.smithscountrypursuits.co....hing_Bags.html

Just realised that the currency converter doesnt work on your products where there is a drop down choice of prices.

Ive just ordered the currency converter for my site and it wont affect me because i dont use this type of option on my site but i thought that you might want to know so you can see if you can get a fix for it.
          http://www.irwebonline.com

Comment

Hi Simon,

Thanks for the information. I had realised that it didn't show on the drop-downs. I had put an explanation on the front page of my site regarding the currency converter and saying that it would show the price in the Shopping Cart and through to the payment stage!

Unfortunately, it is impossible to hold the hand of all customers from start to finish, although I'm sure that's what they would want!! It just saves them from going back and forward to xe.com

Regards,

David
            -----------------------------
            www.synchronisedwebdesign.com

Comment

I had realised that it didn't show on the drop-downs
              Text in the drop downs isn't always prices e.g. "Diameter 2.54". It's just some sort of narrative, so scanning for anything numeric might be overkill.

There is a rather long-winded sort-of fix. Details are on www.drillpine.biz/forums/
              Norman - www.drillpine.biz
              Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Working...
              X