Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Section layouts

Hi,

Just wondered if you could give me some advise here - I would like to change the layout of our site to incorporate all the links from the subsections for an area on one html page (missing out a layer of subsections) so it is more user-friendly. I would like to incorporate all search links to products for a section on one page. A example of this idea is shown here - http://www.eezytrade.com/acatalog/Epson.html

Any help on this appreciated

Cheers, June

Hi,

No response as yet to my enquiry - does this mean this is not easily achievable in Actinic?? If not, can you let me know, and I will try a different angle

Many thanks, June

Comment

Hi June

The only way this could be achieve, would be to create your own html page which will be full of links and save it in your site1 folder. Create a fragment, and in the fragment simply have

Code:
      !!<
      NETQUOTEVAR:INCLUDE SECTIONLINKS.HTML
      >!!
      You should see it gets change to [INCLUDE] and it will display the wholes links in the fragment.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi,

Thanks for your help, Nadeem. I will try as you suggest

June

Comment

Hi Nadeem ,

I tried what you suggested. I managed to get the list to show up in a fragment, but because of the tree structure, it will not allow me to place any of the required products belonging to the group under the related fragment for the list. As the links are to the related products, these need to be grouped together. When I try to move the products under the fragment, it just bounces away - will not accept. I thinks it is at the same level, or below the fragment in the tree structure. Can you thinks of a way around this, please

I can't get any further with this at the moment

Thanks, June

Comment

Hi June,

Please could you explain what you mean? On a test site, on my tree struture i created the following

----> Online Catalog
            --> Test Section
            --> |
            --> --> Test 1 SubSection
            --> --- Test Product 1
            --> --- Fragment 1
            --> --- Test Product 2
            --> --- Fragment 2

Attaching some screenshots would help

Kind Regards
            Nadeem Rasool
            SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

This link -
              http://www.a1cartridges.co.uk/acatal...y_of_Eson.html

is where I would need to put the html page with all the links on. The fragment on this would need to be on a section rather than a product. The html page is a section with all the subsections needed to link to the products, identified by printer model names on the links. Each printer type i.e. Epson, would have the model groups and all the printer models on the same page, making it easier to navigate on one level to all the Epson inks. I would have to rearrange the Canon, etc areas to match up. The fragments to incorporate the html pages would need to be on a level higher in the tree than the products themselves.
              Please let me know if I'm missing the point completely

Thanks

June

Comment

Hi June,

Thanks for the information, i see where you are going. Okay you can only use fragments on the product level, not in sections. So i would suggest for you to use embedded html within the section description.

So you have your sectionlinks htmls, open one section page, then go into the "General" tab and under "Description" you can embed html.

To tell actinic to process the following as html, simply use these markers

!!<

<insert your html code

>!!

This should work for you

Kind Regards
                Nadeem Rasool
                SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

So far so good, but how do I insert links from each printer model to the relevant products? There is no facility for linking in the section description area. Am I just being slow here?

Thanks again for your patience

June

Comment

Hi June

I'm afraid you would need to use html href links to link to the printer ie

Code:
                    <a href="helloworld.html">Printer</a>
                    To find out what your page name is called, you could in Actinic, simply go to "View | Business Settings | Options" and tick "Show Page Names when Editing Catalog".
                    Once you click on "Apply" and "OK", you will see the html pages name next to the section.

Kind Regards
                    Nadeem Rasool
                    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Hi Nadeem,

Getting better - just need to learn some HTML. One last thing - as I am putting all the printer links into the section description, I don't really want a link on the section title itself, as that is going nowhere. Is there any way I can unlink the title?

Many thanks again

June

Comment

Hi June,

Yes, First you need to go to "Design | Options | Layout", and click on "Edit" next to "Section Link Template". Click on "Edit" and then go to "File | Save As", and save it as a another name (Ie Act_SectionLinkCustom.html).

Now simply remove the reference to "NETQUOTEVAR:SECTIONLINK".

Once you have done this, save it and exit. Now on those sections you don't want the links to appear, simply in the layout tab, select browse, and browse it to the saved section template (Ie Act_SectionLinkCustom.html).

Kind Regards
                        Nadeem Rasool
                        SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
                        X