Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

showing the price !!

Hi

I have nearly completed my site, however where I have a product image and a small description I need to show the price so my customers dont have to click in and out to find the costs of items can this be done in Actinic. The prices you do see are the ones I had to add into the csv file automaticaly a you can imagine this is a lot of work and will at some time lead to mistakes and customer care issues.

I dont know if I have described this very well but if you visit my site www.btshowroom.com you will see wht I mean.

Cheers

Rod
    www.btshowroom.com
    www.btshowroom.net
    Best regards

Rod
    www.btshowroom.com
    www.btwarehouse.net

Do all your prices come from that csv import?

Are you using Hierarchical or Flat FIle importing?
    Norman - www.drillpine.biz
    Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Hi

we are using hierachal importing though we did struggle with this but the idea is if we can link to a decent managable database it will take the work, stress and reduce error margins, I must add that getting the products into actinic was a real nightmare and i dont think i am the only one who struggled judging by the threads i have seen.

by the way i looked at your site and i may be getting some of your add ons later they look good

cheers

rod
      www.btshowroom.com
      www.btwarehouse.net
      Best regards

Rod
      www.btshowroom.com
      www.btwarehouse.net

Comment

sorry I gave you the answer to the wrong question its been a long month ! yes we are using a hierachal csv, I thought there me be a way of simply showing the price at the higher level as well I really dont want my customers having to dip in and out of products if they have set themselves a budget for a certain item
        Best regards

Rod
        www.btshowroom.com
        www.btwarehouse.net

Comment

If using Hierarchical you should be able to load a Custom Property for each "Section" (product) with the price. Then add that CUSTOMVAR to the Section Template.

You'll have to do some arithmetic to convert the Actinic penny price to n.nn and optionally add a £ sign but that's not difficult.

Comment

Since doing this doesn't appear to be documented here's how I do it.

Code:
            Header,CustomProperty,Custom Property Name,Value,Is File Name,Use File Content,Use as CUSTOMVAR
            Section,"ACME VCR RECORDER","............................
            CustomProperty,"PRICE","£12.34",0,0,1
            Product,"ACME VCR RECORDER",.......

Comment

thanks a million for the advice we will give it a go !! you couldnt recommend a good database could you ? one thats easy to set up, use and works with actinic !

Cheers
              Best regards

Rod
              www.btshowroom.com
              www.btwarehouse.net

Comment

Afraid not. Someone else perhaps.

Comment

Working...
                X