Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

product database and a wish

Hi

This is my second question today but I felt it was better to keep them seperate.

I have around 5000 products on my site, this is quite a task keeping up with discontinued lines, new products, price changes etc at the moment i am doing a comparison in excel which is ok for a while but it is still very time consuming, can anyone advise me on a database that is compatible with Actinic, EASY to use by someone who has no database knowledge (possibly a bit thick as well) and EASY to set up , if it fits all these requirements above I am more than happy to purchase commercial software.

Wish list : a section in the community that deals entirely with search engine optimisation help and advise, there are a lot of threads to search through but seeing as this is so important to the majority of Actinic users a dedicated section would be invaluable

Would anyone think it worthwhile for actinic users from this community setting up mutual linking to drive us up the search engine rankings ?

Best regards

rod
    www.btshowroom.com
    www.btwarehouse.net
    Last edited by rod willis; 24-Jan-2005, 03:02 PM. Reason: update
    Best regards

Rod
    www.btshowroom.com
    www.btwarehouse.net

Hi Rod
    I am happy to add a section with "Links to other Actinic sites", providing these sites aren't in direct competition obviously. It should help the rankings as you say, as well as pass business to each other.

Guy.

Comment

Hi Guy

That sounds good can you give me your url and we can talk further

cheers
      Best regards

Rod
      www.btshowroom.com
      www.btwarehouse.net

Comment

Hi Rod,

can anyone advise me on a database that is compatible with Actinic, EASY to use by someone who has no database knowledge (possibly a bit thick as well) and EASY to set up
        I think it would be hard to recommend database software as it is only easy if you know how to use it . As you seem to already know Excel you could use that. With our Business and Developer software you can link to an external database which could help to keep your product details updated. I suggest you take a look at the help files (Linking to External Data), which may give you some guidance.

Wish list : a section in the community that deals entirely with search engine optimisation help and advise
        Thanks for the suggestion, I will pass it onto the powers that be. At the moment this topic should be discussed under the 'Ecommerce Business Issues', where you should find most of the discussions on this subject.
        Tracey
        SellerDeck

Comment

Rod
          This is my URL as requested;

www.it-shop-online.co.uk

if you are happy for me to add you, I will.
          Regards

Guy.

Comment

re: listing shop on a mutual link site

hi folks,

i'm just setting up three link websites with the intention of uping page ranks

www.coolshoplist.co.uk
            www.loadsofshops.co.uk
            www.listofshops.co.uk

open to actinic sites, i will have form to submit soon. in the mean time, email andy @ legendgames . co . uk if you want to be included.
            Andy Warner

www.legendgames.co.uk - rpgs, boardgames, dice and other geeky stuff
            www.RPGMiniatures.com D&D and Star Wars Miniatures

Both running the Cart from Search Page hack

Also www.mainlymurder.co.uk www.thegamesplace.co.uk and www.thediceplace.co.uk

All running V8.5.2 Multisite on a windows 7 quad PC, augmented by Mole End automation, from a single shared database, using actinic specific hosting from Host-IT.

Comment

Hi Guy and Andy

I have sent you both an e-mail (to your site Guy) this could be interesting for us, could you e-mail me at rodwillis@gmail.com and we can discuss it further.

Best regards

Rod Willis
              Best regards

Rod
              www.btshowroom.com
              www.btwarehouse.net

Comment

Working...
              X