Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I have a problem with the emails

Hi,
    I have setup the email settings with the smtp server being my ntl one and the username and password being the login for the web server. Now when orders are placed no emails are getting sent both to the customer or myself, the orders are being recieved though. Also if i try to send an email from actinic i.e. item has been shipped, the below error message appears.
    I have also tried my ntl settings and the email settings all coming back with this error.

Failed to communicate with the SMTP server.

Possible Cause:
    1. Network transmission problems.
    2. Could have Changed the SMTP Server settings, but not Uploaded after that.

Recommendation:
    1. Retry
    2. Upload the Site First, if you have changed the SMTP Server Settings.

Resolution:
    If retry fails, check your SMTP settings
    or contact your ISP.

The error was:
    58325barry@hainnovations.co.ukError returned from SMTP server (4: relaying mail to hainnovations.co.uk is not allowed

Command: send Filename:

Can anyone help?
    I apologise if this is in the Advanced User Guide.

Many thanks
    Barry
    Barry Hughes
    H.A Innovations
    www.hainnovations.co.uk

I assume from this that NTL is your ISP and not your web host?

the message about "relaying mail to hainnovations.co.uk is not allowed" suggests that NTL won't allow other domains to relay email to them (even though it does seem to be the wrong way around).

Most web hosts support email in one form or another and the best solution would be to try and get that working.

Mike
    -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

I'm having the same problem

After reading your message, I realise I'm having exactly the same problem. My ISP is Wanadoo, I have my site/email hosted with a big company, what could be wrong??

I am very interested in your comments!

Neill

Comment

Getting Same problem - Actinic adding suffix

I've had the same problem - Actinic is adding a random number to the front of each email (your email: 58325barry@hainnovations.co.uk should actually be barry@hainnovations.co.uk).

Try changing your SMTP server to localhost - seems to have worked for me!

Ollie

Comment

Working...
        X