Actinic Link for Quickbooks POS???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actinic Link for Quickbooks POS???

We have been using the QB to Developer link sucessfully for nearly one year and love it - a real time saver. However, now our company is switching to Intuit's QuickBooks Point of Sale 4.0 product because many of our sales also come from our retail outlet and the POS inventory features far exceed QuickBooks financial..

Here is an email I received today from an Intuit Sr. Support Rep:

""You asked about using the e-sales software with POS once you begin tracking
    inventory. What I was told, is that POS also has an SDK so that it can
    interface with other software. I was told that you may want to pressure
    your esales software to work with the POS SDK as well. The other option
    would be to switch to esales software that does. Sorry I couldn't find a
    better answer for you.

Let me know how the upgrade to QuickBooks 2005 goes.

Thank you,

Jody C.

Customer Care Response Team, Intuit Inc. ""

Any chance Actinic will develop an Actinic Link program for QB POS???

Thanks
    Peter
    http://www.pearlstrings.com

Hi Peter,

I've put your question to our development team for a response. I'll post back as soon as I hear from them.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Hi John,

Our development team tell me that we have no plans at the moment but will be keeping the possibility under review.

They would also like to know what your exact requirement would be for us to link to this program, ie do you want to be able to to update stock levels in QB POS from orders in Actinic? Is that all that is required?
      Tracey
      SellerDeck

Comment

QB POS Stock Levels

Yes, that is all we want to do - have a two-way link for stock levels between Actinic and QuickBooks Point of Sale 4.0...

I have created a workaround using CSV files and the Import/Export functions in both programs but it is laborious! The Actinic Link for QB works so well and is so easy....

I don't think it should be too hard to adjust QB Link for this functionality...What does the development team say???

Peter
        Peter
        http://www.pearlstrings.com

Comment

Hi Peter

I one of the Product Management team here at Actinic.

Actinic takes every development decision very seriously, as anything we decide to change will take development resource away from something else which could potentially be improved. What we need to do is ensure that any developments we make will benefit the maximum amount of people. The issue with your request is that at the moment is (to my knowledge) you are the only Actinic user looking at QuickBooks POS. This means that it is just not viable for us to do that development.

As soon as there are quite a few QuickBooks POS users out there who want to link with Actinic, we can re-look at the decision (if there are any out there, do let us know!).

Hope that makes sense.

Comment

where is the 1.40 link for the US?
            Web Design & Ecommerce - Affordable Web Hosting
            Free and low cost Merchant Accounts coming soon..
            NOD32 Antivirus - Reciprocal Links for Actinic Sites ONLY

Comment

Hi Greg.

Version 1.4.1 of Actinic Link for QuickBooks (Two Way) will be available as soon as it has been approved by our US distributor (Brian at Sure Solutions). We've sent him an email this afternoon chasing up the status of the Link release. It shouldn't be long though.

Comment

Working...
              X