Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Negative Discount!!

Good morning,

Using the discount function in V7, would it possible to add a value to the order? Of course all the option available in the reward box allows money to be taken off (fixed, percentage etc.). It must be possible to change that or put a negative amount in the "Reward amount" (which you can not) but two negaives should make a positive.

It is my birthday, this would be a great present if someone could help. I am out of the office most of the day. Any suggestion would be grateful.

Kind regards Mash
    Mash

Hi,

Happy Birthday! I'm not sure that this is the present you really want but the only way to add a value to an order is to use the 'surcharge' option under the 'Order Level' tab. This will add it to the whole order rather than just a particular product group.
    Tracey
    SellerDeck

Comment

Thank you, believe me it would be a great birthdau present and it wouldn't need to be wrapped!

If the options are take off % or fixed amount, it must be possible with a slight change to make it to add on a fixed amount. Then I could put the delivery dates into a product group and use this function to do the delivery charge.

Delivery charges are alway difficult and very different and a surcharge can be more complicated that the function V7 has now. Try to sale the case of some changes!!

I am sure you can see the point, just be wonderful to change this, driving me mad.

It could be a late gift!

Take care Mash
      Mash

Comment

Mash

All I can do is add this to the wish list for you.

The other thing you could do is create a component and attribute within each product to offer a choice of delivery dates (e.g. one working day, two working days, one week etc.) to your customers.

You can then price each permutation with how much extra you want to charge for each delivery option.

Comment

Hello Mash,

Happy Birthday to you ... no solution unfortunately - discounting is beyond me, I just hope that you are enjoying C. still.

Regards,
          Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud
          Visit our facebook page for the latest news and special offers from Mole End

Top Quality Integrated label paper for Actinic and Sellerdeck
          A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
          Product Mash for Sellerdeck
          Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
          Multichannel order processing
          Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Hi Jan,

Thank you, indeed enjoy C very much, with my current problem, it is a saving looking out my window and seeing the sea.

The original model of using hiden products that you showed me is difficult to make work with this, may be wrong but I would have to spread the delivery charge across each pack bought which gets messy.

Chris said that he will add it to the wish list, half the function is already there so fingers crossed.

I wish I simple delivery cost .

Anyway how is D going?

Take care Mash
            Mash

Comment

D is lovely, we are having really bright sunny days (although still very cold) here.

Are you using business or catalog? Business has a lot more options for discounting.

I am not quite sure what the problem is that you are trying to solve.

Regards,
              Jan Strassen, Mole End Software - Plugins and Reports for Actinic V4 to V11, Sellerdeck V11 to V2018, Sellerdeck Cloud

A4 Paper with one or two peel off labels, free reports available for our customers
              Link to Google Shopping and other channels, increase sales traffic, prices from £29.95
              Process Actinic, Sellerdeck, Amazon, Ebay, Playtrade orders with a single program, low cost lite version now available from £19.95

Comment

Weather blows through so quickly here, so warm in the sun!

To the problem.

I am using Business, it is that old chestnut with our plants that we have different delivery dates, this would not be a problem if people just order for 1 delivery date at a time.

However, it is possible to order at the beginning of the growing season for the whole season, so the ordered plants will be delivered when they should during the different dilvery dates.

Each delivery has a P&P cost to the customer of £4 which we need to pass on, the problem is that the P&P covers order 1 pack of plants to 10 packs of plants as long they have only 1 delivery date.

If the same order was spread over two delivery dates, the customer needs to be charged £8.

I go in a bit more depth in thread Multiple delivery dates and shipping charges.

Problem i have with a weight matrix is that if you set each month up as a different weight zero say 0 - 100 kgs for April etc. If based on a total order weight how will know / cope with weight adding up over two months delivery dates and charging £8.

With hidden product and compenent price, I used in the Autumn, problem with that was as the units increased I had to divid the delivery charge up across the number of units. Which just get messy.

Hopefully you can follow that. Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Take care M
                Mash

Comment

I did this by giving each plant a price that included the £4 postage, then putting the plants for each delivery dates into a product group (eg June plants, July plants), then setting up discounts for each group so that

2 June plants get a £ off discount of £4
                  3 June plants get a £ off discount of £8

2 July plants get a £ off discount of £4
                  3 July plants get a £ off discount of £8

etc.

I also tried to create a postage component but the discounts from the associated product were not carried through (I am using 7.0.1 though so this might not be the case in 7.0.2), the way described above is neater though and also allows you to charge an extra £4 when someone orders more than 10 lots of plants in a single delivery period.

Regards,

Jan

Comment

I do like your thinking, I'm just about to dash out for most of the day but I will try this later.

Set up question, my understanding that it will still be a flat fee of £4 if you order 1 or 20. As with April there are roughly 26 different packs. If the flat fee is the case, I will most likely need to take the discount up 30 to 40 units.

Firstly is this number possible?
                    Once the matrix is set-up can I copy it for the second delivery month?

Has a good feel about it, possible light at the end of the tunnel, hope it is not an oncoming train!

Thank you, regards Mash

PS using the "Test Mode" to sort this which is superb, have only 1 months worth of plants in site (number of plants, and decriptions etc, looking at the idea of linking it to database or excel). Have a look and let me know what people think! Test Site for Organic Plants

One or two images missing and the products on the nav bar goes back to the current site plus home does that too.

Work in progress. Will make changes later today.
                    Mash

Comment

The site looks great, the pick and mix section is a brilliant idea, I couldn't tell when the plants would be delivered. Quite a few plants didn't tell me when they could be cropped either (in packs mainly) which is something that I need to know. I am not sure how you are going to sort out the postage charges for those.

You should be able to put in those discounts, but you will have to put them in manually unfortunately - in my version I couldn't see a way to import, export or copy discount settings.

Regards,

Comment

Thanks. I have only done 1 months worth of plants so all those plants you see will be delivered in April. Over the season there will be duplication like the salad range is available for April, May, June, July and August.

In these cases I treat each delivery as a different product which means that there are 175 different products due to the new pick and mix. Major increase in numbers, small fry to most people.

That is why I am keen on the surcharge angle, by group the whole of april delivery I can apply a single surcharge to cover the delivery of £4. Select "allow 1 discount per order" would allow me to cope with my odd delivery situation instead of putting on money to take off with a discount.

Quite a few plants didn't tell me when they could be cropped either (in packs mainly) which is something that I need to know.
                        Some of the descriptions are lacking at the moment, unsure what you mean above, do example so I can take that into account when sorting the descriptions and information for product.

Thanks you for your feedback, nice to get fresh eyes having a look.

Regards Mash
                        Mash

Comment

what I meant with the cropping thing is that on some plants it said when they would be ready to eat and with others it didn't - most gardeners would know but I don't and so for me it would be a real help to know.

I see what you mean with the surcharge, I tried adding a postal charge component with a fixed price of £4 but that didn't work because it didn't seem to apply the discount from the component (although it might do if you use component as separate order line)

[fx: goes away and tries it out)

yes - that does it.

Add a mandatory component called postage charge to the product, make a hidden postage product (on for each delivery period), set the product pricing model to sum of product and component charges, put the postage product into it's own product group, add a discount for that product group, set the quantity to 1 and the discount type to fixed price of £4. Then you will only get charged £4 for any number of plants.

When will the shop open for business this year?

Regards,

Jan

Comment

Good morning, cropping information I will tackle, it would be nice to work that into a graphic, months you plant and then the months you crop.

Read through your suggestion at the nd of Friday went straight over my head, this morning a bit clearer which I am pleased. I will have a go at that tomorrow.

With my current progress it will be a couple of weeks before it is up and running, need to get more images etc and over come delivery stuff. Would like to get my head round coupons before long.

My favourite pack to get would be the peppers, especially if anyone has a glasshouse, brillant, the taste compared to shop bought stuff, they are so sweet, really must. This year I will not have a glasshouse so I will be trying to grow them outside on my deck for the first time.

Enough on veg, have a good weekend. regards Mash
                            Mash

Comment

Good morning,

I have setup a hidden April Delivery Charge proudct and added a component for each of the Traditional selection pack called Postage.

The pricing model has been set to sum of product and component charges. Then I set up the discount putting thw April Delivery Charge in its own group with a fix discount of £4.

However, I have been unable to make it work. If you could time have a look on the test site, as I said it is only on the April Traitional Packs (as there were on 4 packs to add the component to!).

Regards Mash
                              Mash

Comment

Working...
                              X