Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Upgrade Help

Hi,

I phoned the tech help desk yesterday and was advised to send a site Snapshot because I was having difficulties in hearing and understanding what was being said. And as I’ve not had an acknowledgement to my email, I guess it may well be lost somewhere in cyber space!, I’ve decided to try this means of getting help.

I need lots of advice. I have just installed v7 – upgrading from v3.

First problem.
    My original site was put together by a friend who knew his way around the system, unfortunately, I don’t. When using the ‘Site Upgrader’ I authorised the recommended changes as indicated by the ticked orange symbol. However, when viewed in preview, the layout of the pages has changed from having the all the images on the left and the detail on the right. As can be seen, if you would care to look at my existing v3 web site at www.harlequingallery.com (any artist page)
    The new layout alternates the images from left to right with each item on the page. This is unacceptable and I wish to retain the existing layout. How do I go about this?

Second and third problems can wait until I’ve resolved the first one.
    Many thanks
    Ray

Hi Ray,

To set all pages to have images to the left set the defaults for the site in

Design > Options > Layouts > Product Templates - set to a layout you prefer eg "one product per row, image on left"

Then in each section make sure Layout is set to "Use Parent" and in each product set to "Use Parent"

Hopefully that will set all images to the left

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Working...
    X