X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Port errors uploading

Hi,

Had to rebuild my PC - actinic was uploading fine before hand

Re-installed upped to 7.02 Business and replaced my site1 folder with my backup copy

Trying to refresh the site.

Getting

200 Type set to I
    500 Illegal PORT command
    500 LPRT not understood

Thought initially it was down to Symantec System Works 2005, with the Internet Worm Protection - but I have now disabled this and although it is getting further it is still erroring.

No relevant changes on the server (that I know of) have taken place - I run the server so have some control - and normal FTP works fine to sites on that server from this PC.

Any thoughts?

Seems to be related to gif files (not all though just a few) - if I ask actinic to continue it will upload the file and carry on, until the next time it stops.

Comment

Hi there

I've not heard of this error, however it is a server error. Looking at google, i found out some information, are you using a windows server? Please check the following link:
      http://www.webservertalk.com/archive...-1-105361.html

Are you running a firewall, perhaps within your firewall settings, set it to allow Actinic to upload using port 21. Some firewall software allow you to set up a "rule" for certain programs. Actinic requires access on port 20,21,80 and 443.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks - no I am on Linux - and have even turned off all firewalls. I can FTP to any other site on the server without issue. In fact we have just moved the site to a new server, and the problem remains

The files all copy if we just click okay for it to try again. Weird.

Comment

Hi Ian,

Its a strange one, because the error suggests that there is a command not understood by the ftp server. I would suggest in registering an email support ticket on: http://www.actinic.co.uk/support/register.htm.

Hopefully if you can provide you ftp settings to the email support team, they can track down where this error is stemming from.

Kind Regards
          Nadeem Rasool
          SellerDeck Development

Comment

Working...
          X