Error merging files

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Error merging files

I have received a lengthy error message just as the upload was to finish.
    http://www.hooleytunes.com/error.gif
    From what i can make out, a script is corrupt, but all the scripts come with actinic. Perhaps Actinic install was corrupt? - anyone have any idea??

Thanks for posting the screengrab - very useful.

It looks like scripts do not have the permissions they require online to execute. Here is the appropriate section of the Advanced User Guide. You web host will need to see and adjust your server accordingly.

Permissions required by Actinic Ecommerce

UNIX Servers

If the customer is running in normal mode, the minimum permissions required are:

'cgi-bin' directory

'acatalog' directory
    • The FTP user ID must have full permissions (7)
    • The effective user ID of the CGI scripts must have read/write permission
    • The effective user ID of the Web server must have read permissions. Depending on the set up,
    the permissions could be 700, 760, 764, 746, or 706. 700 and 760 are probably the most
    common.

If you encounter problems with permissions when trying to upload your store for the first time, try setting the permissions on the effective user ID of the web server to '777'. Once your store is uploaded, progressively tighten up the permissions on the web server to one of the settings recommended above, or until your store no longer functions.

NT Servers

NT Server will require 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions in the 'cgi-bin' and 'acatalog' directories for the FTP account user ID. The acatalog directory also requires the 'IUSER_<servername> internet guest' account to have access with 'read, write, execute, delete' permissions.

Actinic also requires NTFS file permissions for the CGI-BIN and acatalog directories within IIS of 'read and execute' for 'cgi-bin' and 'read, write, execute' for the 'acatalog' directory.

Comment

I've had that message onseveral occaisions, it is always something that I have done, or not done....

To date it hasn't been an actinic error or a server error.

Just go through and double check everything....sorry I can't be more helpful but I can't remember what I had to do to solve the issue, I just know I was self inflicted!!

Comment

Working...
      X