deleting product duplicates

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

deleting product duplicates

stupid question it may seem but I can't seem to delete or cut my dupilcate products. I even tried deleting/cuting the original product.

Any ideas

thanks
    naveed

NAveed,
    Can't be any help to you but I'm bumping this thread to the top as I am having the same trouble.
    I'm unable to delete product duplicates too.
    I can't recall what variations of cutting and deleting I tried (but I know I tried on both the duplicate and the original.. my catalogues are currently backed up and closed for the night) but I had (and have) the same problem.
    Anyone else experienced this? Is it a known bug?
    Tracey
    Tracey

Comment

I believe that it is possible by doing the following

Housekeeping - Purge - Purge Contents

This however (someone correct me if im wrong!) will clean up the whole catalog deleting all sections/products deleted (basically anything marked with red cross). I don't want to do this myself at the moment, because im still making changes to my site.

Naveed

Comment

That will remove EVERYTHING in the catalogue that is marked as deleted (red crossed), you're right.
        It's not something I am able to do often either as I have some products deleted that I may still need (although now that the hidden option works correctly in V6+, it's easier!)
        I am sure that the duplicate *should* be "cut-able" but it isn't.
        It'd be an easy way to remove them.
        Is it a bug? Does anyone else know?
        CHeers
        Tracey
        Tracey

Comment

It's a bug! but before getting to carried away what version of catalog are you using?

mine catalog v7.0.1.0.0.0

Naveed

Comment

ditto, same version.7.0.1.0.0.0 EGSA
            Tracey
            Tracey

Comment

update

update to 7.02 ok
              they fu****up 7.01

Comment

I believe that this was a bug fixed in 7.0.2.

Prior to that you could only delete duplicates, then purge the catalog as you say.

Tim Weaver
                WISE.CO.UK
                Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
                http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

But does'nt v7.02 have a CUTOMVAR bug?!

Naveed

Comment

Correct, but the CUSTOMVAR bug does not impinge on the product duplicate functionality, but if you make use of a lot of custom properties, then you might best await version 7.0.3, which we were originally promised in January...

Tim Weaver
                    WISE.CO.UK
                    Consultancy, Innovation & Solutions

tim.weaver@wise.co.uk
                    http://www.wise.co.uk

Comment

I'll wait version 7.0.3. then. do you know whats new or is it just going to be a updated version with the bugs corrected.

Naveed

Comment

7.0.3 will just be a maintenance release with a few bug fixes - such as the problems with custom properties.

Just for reference, we are holding onto the 7.0.3 release while we check out an issue that a few of our customers have experienced with Windows 98/Me and very large databases. Once we've got this sorted out, we'll look at releaing a beta. Sorry it's taken a bit longer than we first had planned.

Comment

Working...
                        X