Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product Quantity - Is there a limit?

Hello all,

I'm currently running my Actinic v6 with 17,594 products - 1873 sections.
    My question is this: is there any limit to what Actinic can handle?
    Nothing is going wrong, (well, nothing that I know of), but I get new releases every week, and I don't think it's going to be too long before I'm running at 20,000 + products..

I was just wondering if it might be a good idea to start planning ahead..
    what do you guys suggest?
    still thinking of one...

does anybody know?
    still thinking of one...

Comment

Hi there

Actinic has tested the product upto 10,000 products. In theory if you have enough space on website/pc you should not have any issue with 20,000+. We do have a client who has 30,000 products. The main thing to think about, is that Actinic runs off an Access 2000 database. Access has a limitation of 2 gigabytes, if you go beyond this, then the database will get corrupted.

Kind Regards
      Nadeem Rasool
      SellerDeck Development

Comment

Another consideration is server loading due to the .cat file structures.

If your 20,000 products were all in a single section then the poor old server would need to load a H U G E .cat file and that may require a lot of resources (memory and executions time) to be made available for Perl to run in.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Using broadband it has taken almost 1 minute for the cat.html page to download! May be worth looking at having a simpler first page listing say the artists in alphabetical sections to make navigation more efficient - at the moment a lot of scrolling is involved to find the artists.

Bikster
          SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

thanks guys - this information is extremely useful.
            still thinking of one...

Comment

Working...
            X