Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Column Widths not working

Hi

I am redesigning my table layout but am having problems with two of my column widths.

1. The first is a column that contains both an image (70px) and the cat number. What ever I change the column width in Act_ProductLine and Act_ProductBody too, the column remains over sized. I have tried reducing the width to 30px, and increasing to 80px, but alas, the column looks like it is about 100px.

2. The second column I am having trouble with is one that I use the contents of the extended info. I have set the column with a width of 100% to take advantage of the whole page, but I am still only using 90% (approx) of the page. I have even tried to set the width to 150% but no joy. It works in Dreamweaver fine, just having problem in the Actinic pages.

Attached screen shot.

Any comments appreciated.

Thanks

Steven
    Attached Files

can you post the code please

Comment

Hi Pinbrook

Below is the table taken from ProductBody and ProductLine.

--------------------------------------

Act_Product Body

<TABLE BORDER="1" ALIGN="LEFT" CELLPADDING="3" CELLSPACING="2" COLS="10" id="productbodytable">
      <tr bgcolor="#bb0000">
      <td width="80" bgcolor="#bb0000"><b><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Cat No.</font></b></td>
      <td width="80"><b><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Artist</font></b></td>
      <td width="80"><b><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Title</font></b></td>
      <td width="80"><b><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Label</font></b></td>
      <td width="150%"><b><div align="left"><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Description</font></div><b></td>
      <td align="center" width="42"><b><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Year</font></b></td>
      <td align="center" width="30"><b><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Format</font></b></td>
      <td align="center" width="30"><b><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Price</font></b></td>
      <td align="center" width="30"><b><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Info</font></b></td>
      <td align="center" width="50"><b><font color="#ffffff" face="Verdana">Cart It</font></b></td>
      </tr>

NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTBULK

</TABLE>

-----------------------------

Act_ProductLine

<tr bordercolor="#a1a5a9" bgcolor="#ffffcc">
      <td width="80">NETQUOTEVAR:TEMPLATEBEGINXML
      <a name="NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTANCHOR">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTIMAGE NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTREF</a></td>
      <td width="80">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTNAME</td>
      <td width="80">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTDESCRIPTION</td>
      <td width="80">CUSTOMVAR:RECORD_LABEL</td>
      <td width="150%">NETQUOTEVAR:INFOTEXT</td>
      <td width="42" align="center">CUSTOMVAR:RELEASE_YEAR</td>
      <td width="30" align="center">CUSTOMVAR:FORMAT</td>
      <td width="30" align="center">NETQUOTEVAR:PRODUCTPRICE</td>
      <td width="30" align="center">NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOLINK NETQUOTEVAR:EXTINFOBUTTON</td>
      <td WIDTH="50" align="center"><Actinic:ACTIONS>
      NETQUOTEVAR:ADDTOCARTBUTTON

----------------------------------

This is the last edit I made. Thanks for any thoughts

Thanks

Steven

Comment

I haven't looked in detail but i did notice this.....

<td width="150%">NETQUOTEVAR:INFOTEXT</td>

you don't want a cell width of 150 percent

Comment

Hi

Appreciate that. After trying 100% and not getting it to work I tried to force it bigger!! That didnt work either.

Looking at the text, it buts up to both the left and right side of the column. I almost got the impression that no more full words would fit and thus it grew no more (ie there was no free space on the right of the rightest most word). I dont think this is the case though.

Steven

Comment

Steven, did you get it working?

Looking at this http://www.btinternet.com/~stevenbarkess/1.htm it seems to be OK.

Mike
            -----------------------------------------

First Tackle - Fly Fishing and Game Angling

-----------------------------------------

Comment

if you want your table to fit all resolutions you need to have a table width of 100%, then fix all your other column widths with the exception of the description column which you leave with no width tag

Comment

Hi Jo / Mike

Thanks, removing 100% for the description column but keeping px widths has fixed that. Starting to take shape.

Any ideas on the first column, the one containing the image is still oversized. The image is 70px, I have tried it at 80 and also tried removing a width all together. But it stays to big.

Thanks

Steven

Comment

have you fixed the width of the entire table?

if not (because you want it to fix all reses) you will have to leave one column undefined whilst fixing all the rest. The undefined column should be the one that changes size according to the res

Comment

This looks fine now.

I did a 'Ctrt A' on the web page, all the boxes that did not have an image in showed a black sqaure that seemed to force the column wider (about 100px wide). There was no image in my product within Actinic so a mystery as to what was there.

Any way, I have copied out all my images (140px), resized to 70px, changed the file name to include an S, exported my catalogue, added in the additional file with S, imported back to Actinic, and hey presto, the columns now all contain images and are the right size.

nothing like a learning curve!!!

THanks for your help

Steven

Comment

You must had had a default product image showing (if you mess with the Actinic gifs this can turn them black).

Glad you got it sussed
                      Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Working...
                      X