X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Basket in a Frame?

We would like to achieve a frameset similar to that at

http://www.warehouseexpress.com

So that you can see the content of your cart the whole time.

I'm sure I could acheve a reload using javascript on each Add to cart button. Also, code to redirect the visitor to the homepage if the any of the frame pages are opened alone.

Has any one else achieved this using Actinic?

Also, we would need to remove the confirm page that you see after clicking Add. The cart also displays special offers to fill the extra space.

Any advice?

BTW, our site is MotorMedia.co.uk

Thanks all.

Hi there

First you could have a look at some of the frames theme Actinic has, because it have a javascript which redirect visitors if a page is opened alone.

So that you can see the content of your cart the whole time.
    I'm sure I could acheve a reload using javascript on each Add to cart button
    You could move the javascript across to the left hand side bar, but you would need to implement your own reload to refresh it after adding to cart.

Also, we would need to remove the confirm page that you see after clicking Add. The cart also displays special offers to fill the extra space.
    The only around this would be to change the shopping mode in "Design | Option | Shop Default". In the "Advance User Guide" for v6, have a look at page 49: You should see "Going straight to the checkout after adding to cart".

Kind Regards
    Nadeem Rasool
    SellerDeck Development

Comment

Thanks Nadeem, I've got lots to try here!

I'm also about to upgrade to Actinic 7, so this will probably keep me busy for a while!

Ta

MB

Comment

Working...
      X