Refund not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Refund not working

Hello, i am trying to complete a partial refund as discribed in the knoqledge base. I have gone to progress and payments set a new entry but when i enter -£7.45 i get a message telling me please enter a value between £0.00 and £21,474,836.47

Does any one know the correct whay to enter a minus payment.
    I have tried -7.45
    -£7.45
    £7.45-
    but nothing works.

Thanks all
    wesley
    Treasure Island Sweets

You are choosing "credit card CREDIT" (or similar credit as opposed to debit)from the transaction drop down list in the payments aren't you?
    YOu don't need to use the minus sign at all. Just choose a transaction that will CREDIT the account and put in the amount as numbers..
    HTH
    TRacey
    Tracey

Comment

Hi, thanks, it is now set to credit !
      But now i can not get the order to move out of 'pending' to completed, any ideas !
      thanks
      wesley
      Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Check in the 'Totals' tab that the 'Current' total is definitely £0.00.

If there is an amount in there, it is probably the shipping charge for the order - which can be edited in the 'Shipping and Handling' tab. Remove this and the order should complete.

Comment

Hi, the total is not '0' as it was a partial refund.
          Can you explain how to do a partial refund as I can not get it to work for me.
          Thanks
          wesley
          Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

is there a cancelled item or is it just a refund amount?
            YOu'll need to do a manual order adjustment.
            In the "line items" tab, click on "add adjustment"
            I think you'll need to put the minus sign in front of the amount (can never remoember if it automatically adjusts up or down ) and give a brief description of the adjustment.. (reasons etc)
            The order total wil lthen adjust and it should move to completed (if not, try printing an invoice for it)
            HTH
            Tracey
            Tracey

Comment

Hi, thanks all is now good!
              I refunded in the line items with a '-' amount and also had to to a credit in payment totals of the same amount to get the order to move back into completed.
              Thanks
              wesley
              Treasure Island Sweets

Comment

Working...
              X