Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do I make the Channel Islands tax exempt?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How do I make the Channel Islands tax exempt?

I have had several orders from people in the channel islands and have had to contact them (if they haven't already contacted me) to refund the VAT to them. The channel islands is not listed as a country in the tax zones, so how do I make them exempt? There must surely be a way!

Also, does anyone know if this is fixed in version 6?

Cheers
    Charles

www.ahapremier.com

This works the same way in both v5 and v6.

You can add the channel islands by going to Adavanced : Locations and then clicking the "+" button in the top left hand of the grid to add a new country. There should be no issue with this unless you use a PSP, in which case there is a problem with ISO codes (because the channel islands are officially part of the UK). That's why the channel islands currently aren't part of the default list of countries.

Once the channel islands are in the country list you can set up a zone for them that handles tax in a different way.

Chris
    Actinic

Comment

exempting channel islands

To exempt channel islands i have done the following (only been tested myself so far!) which relies on the channel islander ticking the box to exclude themselves from being charged VAT.

In Business Settings: Tax: Tax by Delivery Option is chosen.
      Highlight: UK Tax Zone.
      Tax 1: VAT
      Tick the box to "Allow Exemption"
      Prompt: If delivery address is Channel Islands please tick the box.

www.whipperleys.co.uk
      Whipperleys Military & Outdoor Clothing Ltd http://www.whipperleys.co.uk

Comment

Working...
      X