Product price in Section?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Product price in Section?

Has anyone come up with a realistic way of displaying the product price in a section?

We run a 1 section per product layout and whilst this works well for us we could really do with an automatic way of getting the prices into the sections without having to manually do it. I appreciate we could do it almost instantly with an access query but it would be a nightmare to maintain. We would be happy to pay for the right solution if there is one (although I suspect the answer will be no!!!)

Cheers

Dave
    Cheers

David
    Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

I have not tried this but it could help you out if it works.

Instead of running a 1 section per product just run all the products with no sections in a very cutdown product line template. Use the Add to Cart in extended info page patch (I am sure there is one) and set the extended info page to open in the same window using the full Act_Primary.html page.

Let me know how you get on if you try.
    Owner of a broken heart

Comment

Gary's suggestion sounds promising. All the things he suggested can be done. The only consideration would be searching - you'd end up on the condensed product page with another click required to get to the full details.

You'll find most of these techniques on www.drillpine.biz/actinicstuff/

Another route that involves no changes would be a small custom program that scans the product table and passes a copy of the price (reformatted from pennies to £n.nn) into the Sections Custom Property. Just stick a link to this on the desktop and click it whenever prices change.
      Norman - www.drillpine.biz
      Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Gary/Norman,

Thanks for both your replies. I did look at this as but whilst it would work we felt it was not really a suitable option for us, especially the searching issue.

May just have to live with what we are doing at the mo!!!

Cheers

David
        Cheers

David
        Located in Edinburgh UK

http://twitter.com/mcfinster

Comment

Working...
        X