X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Netscape Images

Hi
    I'm having a problem viewing the cgi-bin pages on my site
    http://www.mrsflorist.co.uk and http://www.myweeklyflowers.co.uk both link to the one site. The images do not load.

The pages view perfectly in OE, Firefox and AOL browsers on PCs. OE is fine on Mac too but not Netscape.

I have refreshed the store and checked for spaces in filenames. I read some special characters are not allowed in Netscape....

Any advice please?

regards
    valve man

Using Netscape the cart shows the logo and the nav buttons as per the main site - I was unable to get to the checkout as despite adding 20 red roses it says I am under the £10.00 minimum as there are no costs applied to the products - have you set the products pricing structure to sum of components so it takes the amount selected on the drop down menu?

Bikster
    SellerDeck Designs and Responsive Themes

Comment

Hi Jont

Yes the pricing is set up OK. This problem appears to be resticted to Netscape. Having said that, in Firefox the Items Value box stays at zero inspite of having added items to the Basket.
      In IE it all works fine!!

Any clues?

Comment

I see zero prices in the Cart when using a Mac OS/X with both Firefox and Safari. Also the cart summary shows the Items OK but 0 as the Value.

Weirdly, it's not on all products. I was able to corectly add SweetHearts (chocs) on both browsers.
        Norman - www.drillpine.biz
        Edinburgh, U K / Bitez, Turkey

Comment

Investigating further and I'm beginning to think this is a serious Actinic bug.

I see you're using Duplicates for the Valentine Day products.

These ones fail on Firefox and Safari adding to Cart but with zero price ( e.g. http://www.myweeklyflowers.co.uk/aca...s_Are_Red.html ).

If I go to the original product (e.g. http://www.myweeklyflowers.co.uk/acatalog/mA.html ) this add to Cart OK.

This scenario seems to fail on ALL browsers.

Comment

Surely this must be cgi related? I've asked my host to comment.

PS It was all fine until this week...

Regards
            valve man

Comment

Were you using Duplicates before things went wrong?

Comment

I'd forget your ISP (they're not to blame) and get on the phone right now to Actinic. Refer them to the two examples I gave above.

It looks like I can order heaps of erronously zero priced stuff and then a single £10 real product and get that order to proceed.

Comment

Duplicate products occur in most sections.

regards
                  valve man

Comment

Try my two examples above using Internet Explorer (or ANY browser). You'll see that the duplicate product fails.

This seems to be the case only on those products that are zero price, and use a Component with Choices and Permutations to set the product price. Make a duplicate of such a product and you're in trouble.

Many of your products don't use permutations and these work OK.

Comment

Hi Norman

I've looked at the Site HTML and see that there is a group of files called copy_of_ etc ...html which refer to just the Bouquets in the Valentine's Section which I created recently. All the other products ie cut flowers are Product Duplicates. Bouquets which appear in the Boquets by mrsflorist s Section (via myweeklyflowers) do not show a copy_of_ etc in the html. Have I created these in an erroneous way?

Regards

valve man

Comment

Hi Norman
                        I appear to have copied and pasted complete subsections with duplicated products from another section.

I'm re building the Valentine's Section now. The long way.

regards

valve man

Comment

Sorted!
                          When creating a new Section which will contain "duplicates" of Sub-Sections and their products from other Sections, create each new Sub-Section by right clicking etc.
                          (you will have to give it a different name to the "original")
                          DO NOT Copy and Paste!
                          That will create a new Sub-Section etc that will appear to have all the properties of the original - it doesn't! (look for html files in your Site HTML folder that begin with "copy_of_.......html)

Regards
                          valve man

Thanks for the clues Norman.

Comment

Working...
                          X